Bad Coaching Decisions - Start the List

Didn't like when they threw twice in the 4th when it was 2nd and 3.

Can you tell us your opinion of who should have played at QB tonight one more time? No one understood it the first 30 times.

It’s just shocking. I guess cause it’s so damn obvious. How many series of absolute ineptness from the QB does Fleck need to see before trying something different? There was absolutely 0 chance MN was winning that game outside a lucky fluke play or the defense scoring. Of course Crofts running ability makes a huge difference, also the way he gets rid of the ball so quickly. Guarantee he doesn’t play every series next week, guess it has to be glaringly obvious to Peej. Not saying Rhoda will have success, but when you have another option and your 1st option is terrible, mix it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, obviously we have to write down that the uniforms were the wrong color. People seem to complain about that every week.

I actually had no problem with either of these controversial calls.

I probably would have just ran a QB sneak on 4th in inches, but the play worked.

Still had a one-on-one in the end zone. If you hated that playcall, that's fine, but please never complain about boring play calling. Fleck dialed up that play hoping that worked but the throw was a little late, Still didn't make a play and the Iowa CB made a fantastic play. That isn't the type of play that has a high probability of being intercepted, things just happened.

It’s just shocking. I guess cause it’s so damn obvious. How many series of absolute ineptness from the QB does Fleck need to see before trying something different? There was absolutely 0 chance MN was winning that game outside a lucky fluke play or the defense scoring. Of course Crofts running ability makes a huge difference, also the way he gets rid of the ball so quickly. Guarantee he doesn’t play every series next week, guess it has to be glaringly obvious to Peej. Not saying Rhoda will have success, but when you have another option and your 1st option is terrible, mix it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mix what up?

Rhoda and Croft really seem equally poor.

Mitch doesn't hit many of the tough routes/throws we asked Croft to thread. Take what they give you.

Good play calling is calling plays that work. If the players you choose to feature can't execute the play...it's not a good play. That's coaching!! Avoiding the other teams best defender is also coaching. You can draw up plays all day where people go wow, that almost worked. And it might on occasion but you can utilize McCrary, Smith Brooks, Johnson and by now have identified other guys who can make plays and utilize them in crucial situations. I questioned why they didn't throw to Woz for two years...we found out the answer this year....he can't catch. It really doesn't matter if he's 6'10. Demry rarely makes a decision I'd endorse...some plays do work... but I'm not putting him in that position at the goal line.
You can spread people out without passing 29 times. Run the dang ball. Throw the ball to the backs!!! Throw some slants. Throw some screens. Easier passes to execute.
Definitely not utilizing the playmaking ability of Cashman.

I was disappointed that we tried to pass twice after the long catch and run by Tyler Johnson. Not because we can't pass in that situation, but because Tyler was off the field catching his breath and we don't have a reliable #2 receiver so run the damn ball if TJ isn't on the field.

Top Bottom