Bad Coaching Decisions - Start the List

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
4 & Inches inside 5 and pass to Stone Hands Wozniak
Stills against Gervase in red zone...our worst against their best????

That was a great play call. Woz was wide open. Croft needs some touch on his passes and Woz can't stop running at the goal line. Left 6-7 points on the board

Run the effing GD ball for the Love of all that is holy. Three passes ina. Row and a punt. Next series pass incomplete on first down. Run for 16. Run for 7. Then two incomplete passes and a punt.

Just throw edging darts at a playbook to call plays - that would be better.

The drive late in the first quarter where we didn't run the ball once even though we were 4.6 yrs per carry so far up to that point. We are outsmarting ourselves.

They've told punt returner to let it bounce 3 times in a row. Has cost us over 50 yards this half.

Yeah...pretty sure they didn't tell him that.

He fumbled the first and he let THREE bounce after that. The first two killed us for 20 yards each. Letting it go is planned by coaches because they think the weaker punts will bounce back. They aren't physics profs I guess.

Now I know the OP is a dillhole for starting this thread.

I posted this in the game thread, but I'll say it here again: the reason we're averaging 5 yards/carry is BECAUSE we're passing so much! You've all watching MN run inside zone 20 times/game for no gain into 7 and 8 man boxes this season. THe coaches saw it too, so they made an adjustment in gameplan. They threw a lot early and got guys out of the box. They mixed in outside run since most teams pinch and stunt inside to stop our inside zone. The gameplan is working. This would be a 7-7 game if TJ hangs on the a perfect slant at the goalline or Woz doesn't stop running his route. Could be 10-7 or even 14-7 if still doesn't round off his route at the goalline (like he did again on the next series).

IOwa is a pretty good B1G defense. If you want MN to "just run the dang ball" next half, prepare to see 20 carries for a gain of 2 or less. You've seen it all year.

I posted this in the game thread, but I'll say it here again: the reason we're averaging 5 yards/carry is BECAUSE we're passing so much! You've all watching MN run inside zone 20 times/game for no gain into 7 and 8 man boxes this season. THe coaches saw it too, so they made an adjustment in gameplan. They threw a lot early and got guys out of the box. They mixed in outside run since most teams pinch and stunt inside to stop our inside zone. The gameplan is working. This would be a 7-7 game if TJ hangs on the a perfect slant at the goalline or Woz doesn't stop running his route. Could be 10-7 or even 14-7 if still doesn't round off his route at the goalline (like he did again on the next series).

IOwa is a pretty good B1G defense. If you want MN to "just run the dang ball" next half, prepare to see 20 carries for a gain of 2 or less. You've seen it all year.

We have run the ball 22 times already. 97 yards / 22 rushes = 4.4

IMO not a small sample size

Passing on 3rd and short when our passing is ice cold. If they do it again I'm going to lose it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Now I know the OP is a dillhole for starting this thread.

Oh cry me a river. The coaching sucked. Woz drops two in a row before the goal line call that he botched badly and Stills has done nothing all year but we go to him one on one against their best cover guy? So how is that not on the coaches? Players do their best, it is up to the coaches to make sure they are in a position to succeed and both those plays were bad calls by the coaches IMO. You can disagree but pointing it out on a fan board for discussion doesn't make me anything.

That was on Woz can't quit running the route after the throw

Woz dropped two leading up to the call and hasn't been good in the endzone all year...there is a reason the 6'10 guy isn't a go to receiver on third down or the redzone for the last 3 years...he has stone hands and runs bad routes. Decent blocker but not much else. Coaches should know that and not call that play with him in the game.

4th down call was great. That was very poor execution by Croft and Wozniak.

The ridiculous decision was playing Croft the whole game. Didn’t even give Rhoda a shot, I guess it’s cause Croft was playing so well and our defense was playing so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh cry me a river. The coaching sucked. Woz drops two in a row before the goal line call that he botched badly and Stills has done nothing all year but we go to him one on one against their best cover guy? So how is that not on the coaches? Players do their best, it is up to the coaches to make sure they are in a position to succeed and both those plays were bad calls by the coaches IMO. You can disagree but pointing it out on a fan board for discussion doesn't make me anything.

You're going to dislike the coach anymore, because he just said it was a great call and he'd run it again.

From what you are saying, any play that doesn't result in first downs or a TD (the play didn't succeed) it's a coaching problem. Never a problem of execution?

Criticize PJ? Must be a D-bag.

Run the effing GD ball for the Love of all that is holy. Three passes ina. Row and a punt. Next series pass incomplete on first down. Run for 16. Run for 7. Then two incomplete passes and a punt.

Just throw edging darts at a playbook to call plays - that would be better.
This, and Croft put that pass where it was suppose to, woz went to the endzone line and turned around then back peddled.... Unreal

That was a great play call. Woz was wide open. Croft needs some touch on his passes and Woz can't stop running at the goal line. Left 6-7 points on the board

Agreed Woz just stopped the route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Overall, a puzzling offensive game plan.

That was a horrible call. You run the ball! QB sneak even. Whatever. That was just a retarded call with a rookie quarterback.

4th down call was great. That was very poor execution by Croft and Wozniak.

The ridiculous decision was playing Croft the whole game. Didn’t even give Rhoda a shot, I guess it’s cause Croft was playing so well and our defense was playing so bad.

Can you tell us your opinion of who should have played at QB tonight one more time? No one understood it the first 30 times.

Top Bottom