***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Less than 24 hours until kickoff, a game we at one time hoped we'd be 7-0 entering, but alas, here we are a chance to really turn the Big Ten season around, a chance to do something we haven't done since 1999 and a chance for Fleck to get his first taste of a great rivalry. Obviously we have to have much better QB play, we need to win the turnover battle as the ball is the program, and our How needs to be better than theirs.

GRAB THAT PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High 44F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. HUMIDITY 62%. UV INDEX 2 of 10.

Anyone else concerned about dehydration?

With the weather and the PSU/tOSU game at 2:30 it looks like it might be an indoor afternoon of tailgating for the Hollinsanity crew in Iowa City. Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the weather and the PSU/tOSU game at 2:30 it looks like it might be an indoor afternoon of tailgating for the Hollinsanity crew in Iowa City. Can’t wait!

I prefer when you stream the games on a hot wired WiFi connection.

I prefer when you stream the games on a hot wired WiFi connection.

Not gonna lie, my set up in the South Carolina public park gazebo last week was absolutely elite. 50 MBps WiFi, beer in my coffee mug, brats on the grill and the game in HD on my laptop. Plus 3-4 senior citizens stopped by because Surfside Beach is essentially a retirement community in the winter and I was right next to the dog park.

Changing my best this week though, as I’ll be in attendance at Kinnick with a crew of three other diehard Gophers fans.

I’ve been awake since 3 am. Ready to head down to tailgate. I’m gonna get LIT. Sitting 8th row 50 yard line. ROW!

Perfect day to sit back and watch football. OSU/Penn St. then SkiUMah

This is going out to fans in the Bradenton-Sarasota-Southern Tampa Bay area. I'm going to be checking out Evie's Tavern and Grill on 53rd Ave W west of 34th St in Bradenton for the game tonight. It's primarily a Buckeye hangout, but I thought I'd try it out. They have 20 TVs and 2 big screens. I know there are some GHers here who have been wondering about places to see the game in the area. Hope to see you there.

I will miss at least the 1st half of the game. Real life intruding - covering a HS FB playoff game today with a 3:00pm kickoff. Hoping for running time in the 4th quarter so I can get out of there a little sooner. What worries me is that the 'underdog' team is primarily a passing team, so I envision a lot of incomplete passes stopping the clock (unless we're in running time - hence the need for a 35-point margin going into the 4th quarter.)

here's the thing. So, if I DVR the Gophers, I'll be watching that game tonight and staying up too late. then, I'll have to DVR the Vikings because (I hate to admit) I'll have trouble getting up by 8:30 to catch the kickoff from across the pond. (and it's the Browns, so some fast-forwarding may be in order....)

But, one way or another, I will catch Fleck on the Sports Huddle Sunday morning to get a report out to the waiting hordes.

Working today. I will be following along on this thread and refreshing ESPN. I am DVR the game and will watch later. Go Gophers!!!! #RTB

I’ve been awake since 3 am. Ready to head down to tailgate. I’m gonna get LIT. Sitting 8th row 50 yard line. ROW!

I like it this guy is ready to get on the liquor...As everyone knows keys to winning are getting the O going and stopping the Iowa run. I think that to win we need to score about 24 or so lets really hope we can get a big play or two from Croft/TJ or a bust a couple long runs.

The more physical team wins today. Can the Gophers match or beat Iowa’s physicality?

I will miss at least the 1st half of the game. Real life intruding - covering a HS FB playoff game today with a 3:00pm kickoff. Hoping for running time in the 4th quarter so I can get out of there a little sooner. What worries me is that the 'underdog' team is primarily a passing team, so I envision a lot of incomplete passes stopping the clock (unless we're in running time - hence the need for a 35-point margin going into the 4th quarter.)

here's the thing. So, if I DVR the Gophers, I'll be watching that game tonight and staying up too late. then, I'll have to DVR the Vikings because (I hate to admit) I'll have trouble getting up by 8:30 to catch the kickoff from across the pond. (and it's the Browns, so some fast-forwarding may be in order....)

But, one way or another, I will catch Fleck on the Sports Huddle Sunday morning to get a report out to the waiting hordes.

I feel your pain. Nephew has a concert tonight. Originally 8pm moved up to 6pm :-( Guess I shouldn't cry. The school is giving him a scholarship.

I feel your pain. Nephew has a concert tonight. Originally 8pm moved up to 6pm :-( Guess I shouldn't cry. The school is giving him a scholarship.

I am going to whine a little. Have to leave for work at 5 and working a 12 hour shift. Feel my pain. Also, the job is littered with people who follow Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida, Wisconsin (lots of sconnie sweatshirts), Nebraska. Tried to talk with a Louisiana hand about college football last night. He asked me who I follow and then he says "You don't hear much about Minnesota". All he wanted to talk about was the bye LSU has this week to prepare for Alabama. Man, I hope the Gophers win.

Guys, it's in the bag. When I hung my new flag earlier this season we were 3-0. When I neglected to put it out, 0-3. I'm not real superstitious but you can't argue with that. The flag is flying.

“Do me a favor will ya, when the Gophers play, put a little beer in a bowl and put it in front of the game?” Season 3 ending of Fargo

I am going to whine a little. Have to leave for work at 5 and working a 12 hour shift. Feel my pain. Also, the job is littered with people who follow Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida, Wisconsin (lots of sconnie sweatshirts), Nebraska. Tried to talk with a Louisiana hand about college football last night. He asked me who I follow and then he says "You don't hear much about Minnesota". All he wanted to talk about was the bye LSU has this week to prepare for Alabama. Man, I hope the Gophers win.

That sounds tough. Are you on an oil rig or a police officer?

Next time ask him about the LSU vs Miss State game. That should shut up the LSU talk.

Since this KSU/Kansas game will take another 15 minutes is there an alternate? Fox Sports Go?

Top Bottom