***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

They beat a top 25 team in the Holiday Bowl right before Claeys was fired. They won more games in a four year period than the team had won since the 60s. They did all of this with no facilities, and a bunch of kids nobody else wanted (not because they "couldn't recruit," but because nobody in their right mind wanted to come here).

This is all false as well. Keep going though, you're posting a ton of misinformation tonight. Washington St was not ranked. Kill/Claeys won 31 games in a 4 year period. Glen Mason won 32 in a 4 year period with worse facilities.

As much as we need better qb play, we need just as much at the WR position. We lack a true dynamic threat. Outside of Johnson, the WR's can't get any separation for any of our QB's (Rhoda or Croft) Hopefully that will change next year when we get Bell back and with Manns and Bateman come in. I'm guilt for placing blame on the qb early in the year, but when i actually watch the Wr's run their routes there is no where for the qb to throw it. On one play tonight Mark Williams was running a route against the linebacker and it looked as if the LB was a lockdown corner.

Still is a lost cause at this point. Great looking frame for a dominant receiver, but he lacks the mentality that goes along with a top wr.

The big picture is bleak? It’s the first year of a new staff my god. Again this place has no perspective after a loss just none.
I think you are getting a healthy dose of perspective from us.

I would like to add one more piece: this administration is openly hostile to athletics, and football in particular.

We are one year removed from a reported sexual assault by football players that may, or may not, have been contrived or exploited by members of the EOAA Office In 2014, the chair of the EOAA went on record as telling Jerry Kill that she wanted the behavior of the football team improved or there would be dire consequences. Ironically, Kill has to step down in the middle of the 2015 season and at the beginning of the 2016, we have a sexual assault report.

That incident, its report and it's investigation turns into a clusterfark and allows the EOAA Office to go hunting for football players to be brought up for expulsion. The EOAA Office finds ten players, at least two of whom were actively trying to break up the incident and one who was on a different floor of the building where it happened.

That is the unrecognized perspective to which so many naive fans are blind. How many players want to go to a school where the administration has a mind boggling disciplinary hostility towards men's athletics? That is the culture that needs to change more so than what PJ is doing to change the football team's culture.

So, what do we have besides no trophies in our trophy case? We have a coach that is energetically trying to get the football team into a new mindset while under the lens of an arrogant, dispassionate administration who is hostile to athletics, in general, and football, in particular.

Winning is the one thing that counters all the animosity the administration brings down on the athletic program. We aren't doing that right now.

How's that for perspective?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You can't sell anyone on coming to your program after a couple years? That's a you issue. That's on Kill/Claeys if they couldn't recruit better. Recruiting and developing talent is arguably the most important aspect of college football. You realize more was done at IOWA STATE this year than Kill/Claeys did at Minnesota? I am not saying they did a terrible job, just that they did nothing special. Nobody would have signed up for 2-4 against Iowa and 0-6 against Wisconsin after 6 years of their tenure. Washington State also lost to a 1-AA team last season...and that place is one of the toughest places to recruit to in the nation.

How did they not develop talent? They took 2-star kids and turned out one of the best defenses in the country.

Washington St is one the toughest places to recruit in the nation? What in God's name is that based on? And Minnesota is a recruiting paradise?

And Iowa St has done nothing yet. They're currently tied for the Big 12 lead with a lot of season left.

Ok, dude, I'll concede Kill was awful and Iowa St is a powerhouse. Whatever the purpose behind believing that is.

Haven't read the thread, but did you hear how mad Fleck was after a Pass interference call against us? Ref told him something and he shouted "MAKE ME" at the ref. Maddest I've ever seen him. It was a BS call imo. Guy jumped in the air and the ball was under thrown.

How did they not develop talent? They took 2-star kids and turned out one of the best defenses in the country.

Washington St is one the toughest places to recruit in the nation? What in God's name is that based on? And Minnesota is a recruiting paradise?

And Iowa St has done nothing yet. They're currently tied for the Big 12 lead with a lot of season left.

Ok, dude, I'll concede Kill was awful and Iowa St is a powerhouse. Whatever the purpose behind believing that is.

Best defenses in the country? The Gophers best defense under Kill/Claeys was still only the 6th best in the B1G.

Could be interesting side story. I guess Brian Ferentz wasn't happy with one of the calls.

Could be interesting side story. I guess Brian Ferentz wasn't happy with one of the calls.

Maybe was the fumble we recovered after the replay? After that one Kirk Ferentz was swearing too. Like father like son.

Maybe was the fumble we recovered after the replay? After that one Kirk Ferentz was swearing too. Like father like son.

Yeah but I don't know what they would be complaining about. His forward progress hadn't stopped so I don't know how else it could be called.

Need to remember where we are now was Coyle's call.

Not denying last year was a cluster on a number of fronts.

Still, whether the coaching change indeed leads to greater things remains to be seen...and if not he's accountable.

More data is needed. Still, the W's and L's now are ultimately the AD's. Coach is only doing his thing.

Dad is gonna lay down the law:

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...ring-of-expletives-in-iowa-press-box-20171028

“I just learned a little while ago about some inappropriate behavior up in the press box by one of our coaches, and I don’t know all the details at this given point but of what I heard, it’s just not acceptable,” Kirk Ferentz said. “There’s a certain level of professionalism that you have to operate with, and we plan on doing that in the future. In the mean time, we’ll sit down and address this, find out the details are – I’m a little sketchy in terms of what all took place – but the bottom line is there’s no room for that. That will be addressed, and we’ll move on.”

Top Bottom