Should McCrary, the senior, start and play more?

Here's what I see. Croft runs the offense better when he is under center. McCrary, Smith and Brooks do a better job running the ball when our QB is under center. Our team/OC seem to be set on having one back lined up next to our QB in the shotgun. So, what's it gonna be? I don't see any of our backs setting the world on fire if they are standing in the backfield next to the QB, but I'll defer to the experts to explain why I am wrong.

Perhaps my memory is selective, but it seems to me, whether last year or this year, whenever McCrary has been given the opportunity to carry the ball more than just a few times in a game, the guy dominates. All three of our backs seem to run with fury (very impressive), however, there is something different with McCrary. Maybe it's the type of play called, but he seems to get a full head of steam going by the time he hits the line. I would start him and feature him to see if it's "real", or just a function of the competition. It's sort of like the Streveler thing for me. How a coach could watch the energy, toughness, enthusiasm and running ability of Streveler and not give him more opportunity was hard for me to understand. I've felt the same way about McCrary for over a year. But I admit that I'm always thinking the coaches are missing something or too "close" to the situation to see when they may lose perspective. Perhaps I'm delusional like many of you have previously pointed out. Just waiting for dpodoll to call me an "idiot" again. Such a nice feeling.

Yeah he's an inch or two taller and has 30 lbs on the other two backs.

Yeah he's an inch or two taller and has 30 lbs on the other two backs.

He has been productive when he has been given the opportunity. Why hasn't he been playing? Injury? No. Or maybe the coaches haven't been utilizing their talent. I think the latter. Now, hopefully we get to see what he can do. Smash mouth football.

He has been productive when he has been given the opportunity. Why hasn't he been playing? Injury? No. Or maybe the coaches haven't been utilizing their talent. I think the latter. Now, hopefully we get to see what he can do. Smash mouth football.

Yet he already has more carries than all of last year. I guess this staff is trying to better utilize their talent...

He has been productive when he has been given the opportunity. Why hasn't he been playing? Injury? No. <b>Or maybe the coaches haven't been utilizing their talent. </b>I think the latter. Now, hopefully we get to see what he can do. Smash mouth football.

Did you just question PJ to GWG & imply our team has talent? Oh boy, this is gonna be a long night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet he already has more carries than all of last year. I guess this staff is trying to better utilize their talent...
Yeah, and after Middle Tennessee State, he should have been in the rotation. At least to see what he could do. You know, we did lose 3 straight games after that.

McCrary is our third best back when all three are healthy. That is reality, with that said I do think there's a role for him in the offense

I like him a lot and think he should get more carries. We need some who can deliver some punishment.

Top Bottom