Duluth Tribune article on Starting Iowa QB Nate Stanley...re: Minnesota recruiting

"It was weird," said Joe La Buda, Menomonie's head coach. "He was (an hour) down the road and you had Stanford in on him and Michigan State, schools from a long ways away."

Jay Stanley said his 6-foot-5, 230-pound son is a pro-style quarterback and former Gophers coaches Jerry Kill and Tracy Claeys wanted more of a dual-threat QB, which he believes contributed to them passing on Nate.

The previous staff not recruiting a B1G Ten caliber QB? I can't and won't believe it! :rolleyes:

"It was weird," said Joe La Buda, Menomonie's head coach. "He was (an hour) down the road and you had Stanford in on him and Michigan State, schools from a long ways away."

Jay Stanley said his 6-foot-5, 230-pound son is a pro-style quarterback and former Gophers coaches Jerry Kill and Tracy Claeys wanted more of a dual-threat QB, which he believes contributed to them passing on Nate.

The previous staff not recruiting a B1G Ten caliber QB? I can't and won't believe it! :rolleyes:

Stanley couldn't run the Flying Wedge.

Stanley wouldn't have fit their offense and I doubt he would fit what Fleck wants as well. It doesn't sound like he was willing to switch positions to come here if Iowa would and others wanted him at qb

These types of articles are seriously so stupid. Why are the Gophers in the headline when his own in-state school went after him and struck out? Why aren't they ripping on the Badgers, who actually wanted him and weren't able to get him?

Top Bottom