Visiting TCF Stadium Info

Joe2343

Reaction score
Will be visiting TCF Stadium as part of a pilgrimage to attend a football game in every Big Ten stadium. Is the view of seats in the middle of the field lowest sections in rows 6 and below blocked by the teams standing on the sidelines or are they very good seats?

You should be able to see most of the field except for maybe 2-3 yards worth of the sideline where the team is standing. I would suggest the best viewing IMHO will be any seat in the first 10 rows of the upper deck, between the 30s. There's really not a bad seat in the place.

I can't answer your question, but welcome! Which game are you attending? Make sure you know the bag policy: https://www.mygophersports.com/ArticleMedia/Files/UniversityofMinnesotaBagPolicy.pdf

I recommend entering the stadium at least 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Lines shouldn't be too long at that time. I would also avoid the entrances at the open end of the stadium, as they are the most trafficked. Just walk around the stadium until you find an entrance with a short line and go in there. Do these and you should be in the stadium in less than 5 minutes. That way you can see kickoff (and watch the Marching Band's pregame performance!).

Make sure to also catch the Gopher Spirit Rally. The band marches to the plaza in front of the open end of the stadium and plays a few songs. The band releases their gameday schedule either the Friday before or early in the morning and I try to relay the information here, so look for that.

I also recommend the upper deck, first 10 rows. I started last game mid-way up the lower deck in the student section, and went to the upper deck after halftime probably 3rd row, and found it a much better viewing angle.

Will be visiting TCF Stadium as part of a pilgrimage to attend a football game in every Big Ten stadium. Is the view of seats in the middle of the field lowest sections in rows 6 and below blocked by the teams standing on the sidelines or are they very good seats?
Where are you coming from?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

I recommend sticking with being in the first few rows of lower level. Yes, you can't see a bit of the sideline but it's awesome being within yards of the bench. You can hear the action on the field as well as the coaches and players.

You need to put Stub & Herb's on the pregame or post game list. Last of the originals...

http://www.stubandherbsbar.com/

I realize this may be sacrilege on this site, but Stub & Herb's is the last place I'd go pre-game. The place has a bad smell to it and the food is meh, but maybe that's the "charm" people like about it. Surly Beer Hall is the hands-down best option in my opinion (unless it's a 11 am game, since they open at 11 am).

I realize this may be sacrilege on this site, but Stub & Herb's is the last place I'd go pre-game. The place has a bad smell to it and the food is meh, but maybe that's the "charm" people like about it. Surly Beer Hall is the hands-down best option in my opinion (unless it's a 11 am game, since they open at 11 am).

Wonder why it's packed every Gophs event...

Now that they opened up the parking lot pregame, put in a DJ and some outside drink service ( not to mention Jimmy Johns tossing in some free sandwiches most weeks) Stub and Herb's is as close to the old Sally's experience as it gets IMO. BW's tries to be and should be but somehow isn't getting the masses yet.

Pregame I want to be jostled in a crowd of fans young and old, listen to music, have a few beers, and enjoy the outside (usually). How good the food is is pretty far down the list.

I have zero interest in Surly beer. IMO, it's terribly overrated. Give me Dangerous Man or Fulton. Also, Surly Beer Hall is the last place I'd go before a game. After, sure, maybe, as it's a cool joint, but I am no fan of there beer. I'd prefer Stub & Herbs for any pre-game activities any day. Like LakerFan said above, the atmosphere is the main thing that helps make Stub & Herbs the destination it is pre-game.

Haha this is absolutely spot on. I would put the over/under on number of times you hear this being said at you or at another fan each week at about 2.5.

We upgraded our seats to section 105 from 103 and I kind of regret it because we have the most dispassionate fans behind us. One guy got mad at me for trying to give him a high five after a touchdown.

If you can’t afford a tailgating spot (like me), you can bring a 6 pack or 12 pack and walk around the tail gate lots mingling with people too.

Be sure to not stand up or the 60+ crowd will yell at you to sit down

Standing on 3rd down is fine, or when there’s a big play at hand. Standing the entire first half way up in the upper deck is lame. My son and I were behind that guy once. Total ******, you know the one...turns around and waves his arms up and down for all of us to stand up and then gets mad when no one does. He did finally move when some other guys (probably in their 20s) threw pretzels at him.

We upgraded our seats to section 105 from 103 and I kind of regret it because we have the most dispassionate fans behind us. One guy got mad at me for trying to give him a high five after a touchdown.

If you can’t afford a tailgating spot (like me), you can bring a 6 pack or 12 pack and walk around the tail gate lots mingling with people too.

Still have my six tickets in 103, row 13. Have had them there since TCF opened. Love the spot and the people around us that still have there season tickets. What prompted the move to 105?

Another thing to keep in mind is your view of the jumbotron. A lot easier to see it anywhere from the Gopher side of the stadium. On the visitors side the closer you get to the open end the more you'll be craning your neck. But still not that bad.
I agree with others here too...first few rows in upper deck.

Still have my six tickets in 103, row 13. Have had them there since TCF opened. Love the spot and the people around us that still have there season tickets. What prompted the move to 105?

Yep we used to sit about 6 rows behind you and we have fun fans around us. I thought the sightlines would be better in 105 and the prices are the same.

I'm coming from Dayton OH, My son is coming from Arlington VA. We are Buckeye fans but have found we enjoy going to a game the Buckeyes aren't playing in. That way we can more easily make friends and interact with the home fans around us. this will be our 8th stadium. Nebraska, Mich State, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State and Indiana left.

I'm coming from Dayton OH, My son is coming from Arlington VA. We are Buckeye fans but have found we enjoy going to a game the Buckeyes aren't playing in. That way we can more easily make friends and interact with the home fans around us. this will be our 8th stadium. Nebraska, Mich State, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State and Indiana left.

What game are you attending?

Holy ****?

Generally speaking if it is an appropriate time to high five you high five every bastard that offers one to you.

I don't care if Hitler turns around offers me a high five, if there was a great play ... you give the man a high five (high five now, deal with him later)

Standing on 3rd down is fine, or when there’s a big play at hand. Standing the entire first half way up in the upper deck is lame. My son and I were behind that guy once. Total ******, you know the one...turns around and waves his arms up and down for all of us to stand up and then gets mad when no one does. He did finally move when some other guys (probably in their 20s) threw pretzels at him.

Agreed. Standing fine... whole game for no reason, not so much .... gotta be considerate of those around you.

Seriously who moves to 105? I mean 105....

What kinda person even does that!?!?!

/s

Holy ****?

Generally speaking if it is an appropriate time to high five you high five every bastard that offers one to you.

I don't care if Hitler turns around offers me a high five, if there was a great play ... you give the man a high five (high five now, deal with him later)

That’s what I thought too!! It was an exciting touchdown vs MTSU and I let my emotions get away from me.
We typically just third down stand but that irritates some folks. Gotta slow down I guess.
103 is a great section with fine people

Seriously who moves to 105? I mean 105....

What kinda person even does that!?!?!

/s

HAHA. Right?! :cool: I have had multiple opportunities to upgrade tickets to better spots at the same price, but we really enjoy the other season ticket holders that sit around us even though keeping the 6 tickets together can be difficult. So, that makes the decision quite easy. :)

This thread got a bit hijacked...

Welcome to our part of the world. We're glad to have you.

I really don't think there's a bad seat in the house. I'd suggest not being in the first few rows anywhere around the stadium - up a few rows, you can see everything pretty well. I've had season tickets in the 10th row lower level forever, and you feel right in the middle of everything. I'd also suggest sitting somewhere other than close to the open end to the west. Sightlines are a little better, and depending on where you are there's a nice view of campus and downtown Minneapolis to be had if you're around the eastern side of the stadium.

I'm always a fan of the close-by establishments. Stub & Herb's is two blocks from the stadium and timeless. Al's Breakfast in Dinkytown is a place that regulars swear by. There are plenty of other places close, but few others with a classic Gopher atmosphere; there's been a lot of redevelopment in the last 5-10 years. No matter where you go, plan to arrive early if you want a table...at least 3-4 hours before kickoff.

I'd suggest parking somewhere in a surface lot. Ramps are around, but it can take 1-2 hours to just get out of them after the game.

Don't miss the band's pregame show. They take the field about 20-25 minutes before kickoff.

Have a great time, and let us know how your visit goes!

Just wander through Lot 37 and join a tailgate!

This, for sure! The folks will be happy to show you a good time. Whomever the Gophers are playing just become a big hater and pretend the Gophs are one of your favorite teams. Most folks will feed you, serve you and enjoy a good conversation.

I might also suggest you check the Gopher Sports calendar to see if our Volleyball or hockey are in town. If you have never been to a college hockey game, be prepared to have a unique experience, it really is a blast, especially if we score and score often. Our volleyball team is a top five team and really fun to attend. Have fun, dress warm and Ski U Mah

If you are coming for the Nebraska game, Gopher basketball plays the night before, #10 in the country Gopher basketball.

Top Bottom