Things to Do in Ann Arbor

TheSportsAce

Chief Executive Gopher Rube
Reaction score
I'm road tripping it to Ann Arbor next weekend with my 10 and 7 year old boys...and thanks to our 7:30 PM Eastern kickoff time, we have most of Saturday to explore. This is our first time there, and we're really looking forward to it. The icing on the cake would be bringing the Jug back with us.

Any suggestions for things to do? Gameday traditions to observe? Restaurants to hit?

Go Gophers!

On campus make sure to take a look inside the law library. Really beautiful, it looks like a Gothic Cathedral. The Union is also cool. Check out the game/pool room. It is like going back in time to the 20's or 30's with great old photos lining the walls. Have fun. Their band does a standstill concert on the plaza before they enter the stadium on the side facing their basketball arena.

When the band traveled to the Quick Lane Bowl we practiced in Ann Arbor (closest place with an indoor field we could use). Got to go down to the field at The Big House and walk around. The stadium feels massive since its 107,601 person capacity is all on one level. It's probably a little less impressive as a fan, but I would take a moment to appreciate the stadium.

I'm road tripping it to Ann Arbor next weekend with my 10 and 7 year old boys...and thanks to our 7:30 PM Eastern kickoff time, we have most of Saturday to explore. This is our first time there, and we're really looking forward to it. The icing on the cake would be bringing the Jug back with us.

Any suggestions for things to do? Gameday traditions to observe? Restaurants to hit?

Go Gophers!

I plan on hitting up Zingerman's.
I know it is a classic spot for Wolverine fans.https://www.zingermansdeli.com/menus/

Never that impressed with that place. The Wall Drug of Ann Arbor.

Okay(assuming you've been), how would you compare it to Cecil's deli in St. Paul? I personally love Cecil's. I can taste the Reuben's now...

Go Gophers!

There downtown area has some nice places to eat and is fun to walk around visit with Michigan fans(Really good Irish bar with pretty dang good food). There was a radio host out there in Ann Arbor not sure if she is still there doing pre-game stuff by the stadium. She is our baseball coach John Anderson's sister. When she meets Gopher fans she liked to talk, was cool lady.

There downtown area has some nice places to eat and is fun to walk around visit with Michigan fans(Really good Irish bar with pretty dang good food). There was a radio host out there in Ann Arbor not sure if she is still there doing pre-game stuff by the stadium. She is our baseball coach John Anderson's sister. When she meets Gopher fans she liked to talk, was cool lady.

Thanks for mentioning this. I've only been there once (97'). Since I was there with Creative Charters(great trip-great hosts), I missed Zingerman's. Several Michigan fans from out east recommended it(Zingerman's), so I've wanted to go to Zingerman's since then. Maybe a pregame spot. Not sure we'll make it early enough to go by the GLC tailgate.

I will most likely hang out in greater Ann Arbor for a couple of hours after the game with my wife, so thanks for reminding me of downtown Ann Arbor. Looked like a nice intimate setting.

The thing I love most about downtown Ann Arbor is that it's not overrun by corporate chain bars and restaurants. For microbreweries, check out Jolly Pumpkin, Blue Tractor, and Grizzly Peak. Ashley's is a bar with lots of taps and has been around for many years. They also have a Hop Cat that has a huge tap selection (many of them local). Many options in downtown Ann Arbor for food as well. Just head downtown and wander around - you'll find something you like!

Top Bottom