Gophers to Host Green Bay in Hurricane Relief Exhibition on November 5

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Gopher Sports:

Gophers to Host Green Bay in Hurricane Relief Exhibition on November 5

The Minnesota men’s basketball team announced Tuesday that the Gophers will host the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay on Sunday, November 5 at noon in an exhibition game. The game will be contested in Maturi Pavilion, with 100 percent of the proceeds to benefit the American Red Cross hurricane relief efforts in Puerto Rico.

“In my four years here we have played in Puerto Rico twice and have had an unbelievable experience both times,” said head coach Richard Pitino. “Hopefully our fans’ generosity and caring spirit will show on November 5. I am really looking forward to this day - we need to pack the Pav.”

Tickets for the Green Bay exhibition are $10, with all seats general admission inside Maturi Pavilion.

NCAA rules currently allow for two exhibition games and/or closed scrimmages per year, but Division I schools are being allowed a third contest this fall to raise money for people and areas affected by the recent hurricanes in the southern United States and the Caribbean. Accordingly, this game is not included in season ticket holder packages or student season tickets.

Gopher Score members and University of Minnesota student season ticket holders will be able to access a special pre-sale on Thursday, October 26 at 9:00 a.m. General public tickets, based on availability, will go on sale on Tuesday, October 31 at 9:00 a.m.

The game will also be streamed over the internet – details about the web stream will be announced shortly.

Go Gophers!!

Why the PAV? and not Williams Arena?

If we can contain Jeff Nordgaard we should win easily.

Tickets on sale now for those with GopherPoints. Should sell out quickly with only 5k available.

Bought ten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's what I thought. Aren't they trying to raise money? 2k vs. 8k attendance. Makes no sense.

Pav holds almost 6k. This is an exhibition game not tied to season tickets. Most likely want to fill the arena instead of have a half full arena that sounds empty.

100 percent of the proceeds to benefit the American Red Cross hurricane relief efforts in Puerto Rico.

Really great.

I do not have a Gopher score, guess I won't be going. Enjoy the PAV everyone!

I do not have a Gopher score, guess I won't be going. Enjoy the PAV everyone![/QUOTi

I bought extras just to donate $- cost Coach P an extra dollar per seat too. I was one of the Traveling Gophers that went on the last Puerto Rico trip and it is hard to imagine every place we went being damaged beyond repair now. That is a waste of a lot of good beachfront bars. Show up, you will be able to get in.

I do not have a Gopher score, guess I won't be going. Enjoy the PAV everyone![/QUOTi

I bought extras just to donate $- cost Coach P an extra dollar per seat too. I was one of the Traveling Gophers that went on the last Puerto Rico trip and it is hard to imagine every place we went being damaged beyond repair now. That is a waste of a lot of good beachfront bars. Show up, you will be able to get in.

Stupid question time, do exhibition games count on a teams won/loss record?

Looks like plenty of tix still available, but now my wife will be out of town so I'll need to decide if I want to attend solo. We'll see how I feel about this at the end of the week.

Should have opened up sales to general public sooner

Any word on where this will stream? BTN+? Nothing on the website yet.

Top Bottom