Fleck Presser - Talks about preparation for Iowa, QB, Running backs, etc...

GopherLady

Reaction score
I can embedd the videos tonight, but running to meetings the rest of the day. Check our twitter for videos. www.twitter.com/gopherhole and www.twitter.com/nadinebabu

Sorry - not time for edits - full transcript will post later!

PJ Fleck
• Less penalties - we're a very disciplined football team, and culture. You're going to be celebrated for that.
• We show our players every week (with NFL and college games), of people not being disciplined and what it cost them. I think we're playing on the edge, disciplined and hungry
• Demry - Just because someone makes a mistake, doesn't mean you pull them
• Iowa is very set in their ways, and they're very very talented at it. They've done what they've done for so many years. They've had 2 coaches in 40 some years.
• Thank goodness we have Kunde (video) 1:03
• Kobe earned more reps, that means that those reps will be taken away from Rodney and Shannon.
• EVERYTHING is important to Mo Linguist. We were thin to begin with…then you start talking about Kunle, then he's the starter and he's getting better. He didn't miss a beat. When you watch how hard those guys are playing,
• Barber is a different player than he was, and that's a good thing.
• Carter is coming into his role out there. Steven Richardson is playing at the best level he's played at in a long time. Everyone knows who he is now. He's getting most of the double teams.
• It's my as a coach to coach every player everyday.
• I'm a coach, and I'm a fan of college football, I love business, I love to see how successful companies that make it work - I don't know many successful businesses that change their CEO every year.
• At the end of the 1st quarter, Iowa fans and teams wave to the Children's hospital - Fleck's favorite tradition in college football.

Kunle Ayinde:
• They had me try some corner in the spring, it was understanding the schemes. Playing in the spring helped me a lot.
• Iowa is always a tough team, they have a good O line, RB, they throw a lot of shots up. It's just dominating the line of scrimmage, and they're going to want to get their running game.

Thanks, Nadine! I always look forward to your timely presser notes!

Go Gophers!

Kobe earned more reps, that means that those reps will be taken away from Rodney and Shannon.

I would give him a lot of carries in the 2nd half of games when the defense is a little tired.

I used to cover my eyes when Ayinde went in.

He played really well last week.

Nice work!

When it comes to penalties yeah he's right and that's great.... it's just that I see a lot of mistakes that aren't penalties... but still lots of mistakes...

Top Bottom