Tailgating/game day questions

billdawg

Reaction score
Good morning my Gopher friends. I had a couple questions for your expertise.
Some of my teammates from Iraq are coming to the MN-NU game on Veterans day weekend to celebrate.
A couple will be NU fans and a couple will be rooting for Goldie, but none of us have ever been to the stadium or a game there before.
I believe we are staying at Aloft on Washington Ave. We had heard about a train that takes you to or near the stadium. I can't find anything about it online. Is that true or even feasible?
Also, are there tailgating opportunities(I noticed that about 3 out of 4 lots don't allow it), but wasn't sure if there were pay to eat/drink type, etc. Also, what kind of sportsbars in that area are there for families? There are 5 of us coming with our wives and a kid( younger teens)
Anyway, just looking for some tips to enjoying our weekend.

Thanks and Go Gophers

Bill

There are several game day bars right at the stadium village exit of the green line within sight of the station. Stub and Herbs, Sally's and BWW's are some of the most popular

Lot 37 is our favorite tailgating spot and I am convinced you could almost eat and drink for free if you are willing to roam and socialize! We seem to always have extra.

Top Bottom