Offensive Lineman 2016-17 Departures

raider57

Reaction score
Anyone know where the these 2016 underclassmen OL or are doing?
Luke Rasmussen,
Connor Mayes,
Ted Steibler,
Chad Fanning,
Noah Kuehn,
Tyler Moore

Why did each leave?

DL?

Jerry Gibson,
Tamarion Johnson,

Thanks

Luke Rasmussen,
Connor Mayes,
Ted Steibler,
Chad Fanning,
Noah Kuehn,
Tyler Moore

Why did each leave?

DL?

Jerry Gibson,
Tamarion Johnson,

Thanks

Tyler Moore transfered to OK state. Was supportive of Kill/Claeys. He quit football because of injuries.

Noah Kuehn had to stop playing, but is still with the teams as a Student Coach. <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">I believe he had reoccurring issues with his knees that were bad enough he had to stop playing, don't quote me on that however.</span> EDIT: He has a kidney disease.

Luke Rasmussen,
Connor Mayes,
Ted Steibler,
Chad Fanning,
Noah Kuehn,
Tyler Moore

Why did each leave?

DL?

Jerry Gibson,
Tamarion Johnson,

Thanks

Noah Kuehn is currently a student coach on the team. Here is a thread about why he stopped playing: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?74709-Noah-Kuehn-to-transition-to-coaching-support-role-due-to-kidney-disease&highlight=Noah+Kuehn

Gibson is still on the team, think he tore his ACL.

Fahning graduated in the summer of 2016 and was already working on his master's degree, so that may have entered into his thinking when deciding whether to use his last year of eligibility.

Mayes transferred to TCU, but is not listed on the football roster for this season.

Pretty sure I read here that he quit football as well.

And is currently enrolled at North Texas. He was up here last weekend for the game, good to see him still supporting the team.

I just assumed he stayed enrolled at TCU.

Sounds like there could be another OL lost to injury too one of the OL is no longer listed on the gophersports.com roster.

Noah Kuehn had to stop playing, but is still with the teams as a Student Coach. I believe he had reoccurring issues with his knees that were bad enough he had to stop playing, don't quote me on that however.

He had a kidney disease.

Sounds like there could be another OL lost to injury too one of the OL is no longer listed on the gophersports.com roster.

Pretty sure Connellys concussion is career ending. He appears to be in tough shape. Praying for him.

Pretty sure Connellys concussion is career ending. He appears to be in tough shape. Praying for him.

Do you have any info? We sat next to his family at the spring game, great folks...they were all so proud of him and he certainly looked pretty good prior to his injury. Tough to hear, love the local kids and sucks to hear one goes down

Do you have any info? We sat next to his family at the spring game, great folks...they were all so proud of him and he certainly looked pretty good prior to his injury. Tough to hear, love the local kids and sucks to hear one goes down

Check the roster

Check the roster

I'm pretty sure the roster won't give any info on the extent of the injury and how he is doing right now health-wise.

PS- as stated before he's not on the roster.

Smith would be allowed to play with concussion symptoms? Really? If Brooks is back I'd for sure let Rodney heal at least one more week.

I mean, having concussion symptoms does not mean he has one. I trust our concussion protocol, and if they say he's good then he is good. Our staff has no motivation to play him injured due to our depth.

EDIT: Its also possible that he had them when he left the game, and they have since completely cleared up. All the site says is he left the game with concussion-like symptoms, nothing about if he still has them.

I mean, having concussion symptoms does not mean he has one. I trust our concussion protocol, and if they say he's good then he is good. Our staff has no motivation to play him injured due to our depth.

EDIT: Its also possible that he had them when he left the game, and they have since completely cleared up. All the site says is he left the game with concussion-like symptoms, nothing about if he still has them.

Yeah - I should have qualified my statement as "IF he still has concussion symptoms". If he had them and it's clear, I will trust the staff. Although, I would always err on the side of caution when it comes to concussions.

Going to bump this thread because of Nick Connelly retiring from football. Does anyone else remember talk about Kill/Claeys regime being too rough on OL during practices? Do you think that could be a factor with injuries?

I don't have any inside information or knowledge. Just asking what others think.

Going to bump this thread because of Nick Connelly retiring from football. Does anyone else remember talk about Kill/Claeys regime being too rough on OL during practices? Do you think that could be a factor with injuries?

I don't have any inside information or knowledge. Just asking what others think.

They wanted NASTY guys..... they got NASTY health....

But I never heard about anyone being too rough, but I think it also would be highly unlikely that anyone would publicly complain about that as I imagine that would not be looked upon kindly by coaches.

But I never heard about anyone being too rough, but I think it also would be highly unlikely that anyone would publicly complain about that as I imagine that would not be looked upon kindly by coaches.

I don't really have an opinion either way. Not trying to rip on the past coaches but I do remember hearing about this. I'd provide a link but I don't remember where.

Or I could be going crazy. Also a possibility.

I don't really have an opinion either way. Not trying to rip on the past coaches but I do remember hearing about this. I'd provide a link but I don't remember where.

Or I could be going crazy. Also a possibility.

Fleck made insinuations about the previous staff during spring practice.

Fleck made insinuations about the previous staff during spring practice.

I think that was more of a jab at the previous S&C coaches more than going to hard at practice. We did have a really high number of off season surgeries that affected who could be at Spring Practice, and I think Fleck was talking about how his S&C coaches would bring that number down or something. I could be wrong though.

I think that was more of a jab at the previous S&C coaches more than going to hard at practice. We did have a really high number of off season surgeries that affected who could be at Spring Practice, and I think Fleck was talking about how his S&C coaches would bring that number down or something. I could be wrong though.

Yes, that's pretty much how I remember it, too. With all the injuries we've had this season I've wondered if someone would bring this up. But I don't think the injuries we've had this season are the fault of Fleck and his staff, just like I don't think last year's injuries were the fault of Claeys and his staff.

It's not clear to me what you all are saying or asking? Are you saying the injuries to Weyler, Connelly and Calhoun (and haven't there been others too this year?) are because we practiced too hard in previous years?
Kill said he'd lessen injuries when he took the job. PJ said he'd lessen injuries when he took the job. Bottom line: it hasn't seem to work that way for either of them. It's football, guys get hurt.
I'm sure both are doing their best to prevent injuries...I'm guessing nobody spends more money on injury prevention than NFL teams? Guys are dropping at an alarming rate. I think it just happens, certain things you do to help but I'm sure most everybody does them...knee braces, less contact, yoga, massages, ice baths, nutrition, yadda yadda etc etc

It's not clear to me what you all are saying or asking? Are you saying the injuries to Weyler, Connelly and Calhoun (and haven't there been others too this year?) are because we practiced too hard in previous years?
Kill said he'd lessen injuries when he took the job. PJ said he'd lessen injuries when he took the job. Bottom line: it hasn't seem to work that way for either of them. It's football, guys get hurt.
I'm sure both are doing their best to prevent injuries...I'm guessing nobody spends more money on injury prevention than NFL teams? Guys are dropping at an alarming rate. I think it just happens, certain things you do to help but I'm sure most everybody does them...knee braces, less contact, yoga, massages, ice baths, nutrition, yadda yadda etc etc

I was in a class with Tyler Moore last year, I was surprised how flexible he was as such a big guy.

Team yoga sounds like something Fleck would do though, surprised it hasn't already happened.

Oh, I remember all the "nasty" talk.
Pure Gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You keep forgetting that our S and C coach was Klein under Kill- Claeys. He was a joke and we payed the price for incompetence. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Top Bottom