First 33 Games As Michigan Head Coach: Hoke: 25-8, Harbaugh: 25-8

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I love this stat.....

This stat is surprising. I have no affinity for Harbaugh. My gut is that OSU and MSU (and now PSU) were not as good in Hoke’s years and that accounts for a lot of the Harbaugh era losses. However, those are the biggest measuring stick for a UM coach, so...

I recall Hoke was pretty popular for the first year or two amongst Michiganders then the bottom fell out. Hopefully the pattern continues.

Difference is, Hoke rode Rich Rod's coattails...
Harbaugh had to clean up Hokes mess..

Difference is, Hoke rode Rich Rod's coattails...
Harbaugh had to clean up Hokes mess..

From what I recall, Rich Rod wasn't exactly a smashing success, and Hoke at least was able to bring in good recruiting classes. I don't remember if Rich Rod was a good recruiter or not.

Coach Goofy McKhakipants is starting to feel the heat for his inability to have success against his two biggest rivals in his tenure at Michigan. That said, he is a major improvement from Brady Hoke.

That was an interesting stat, but I don’t see Harbaugh going anywhere until he wants. He is Michigan, he had success at both the collage and pro level before Michigan, Michigan can’t find anyone better or a better fit for them.

Harbaugh needs to find himself a good QB before you start to see him win.

That was an interesting stat, but I don’t see Harbaugh going anywhere until he wants. He is Michigan, he had success at both the collage and pro level before Michigan, Michigan can’t find anyone better or a better fit for them.

As does Fleck.

Agreed. Michigan isn't that far away from where they need to be. They graduated a ton of NFL talent last year. Harbaugh is a good coach that will be at Michigan a long time and he'll win his share of those games. By the end, Hoke had teams we were beating up on. So that tells you how far they had fallen.

Agreed. Might be different if Harbough goes 6–12 in games 34 to 52 as Hoke did, but that seems pretty unlikely.

This stat is surprising. I have no affinity for Harbaugh. My gut is that OSU and MSU (and now PSU) were not as good in Hoke’s years and that accounts for a lot of the Harbaugh era losses. However, those are the biggest measuring stick for a UM coach, so...

Hoke was there from 2012-2014. Penn State was garbage and the year Hoke won the Sugar Bowl, was the year Fickell coached Ohio State. Sparty had their way with Michigan since Lloyd Carr left.

A good friend of mine (and his family) is a major Michigan booster. He's not thrilled by this year's lackluster start, particularly on offense, but it's Harbaugh, a Michigan Man through and through, so they're willing to give him as much rope as he needs. Hoke (and RichRod before him) weren't afforded that same courtesy.

Agree, and he will. College FB's QB whisperer...

Harbaugh will be named Chargers coach after this season.

MSU & OSU

My gut is that OSU and MSU were not as good in Hoke’s years and that accounts for a lot of the Harbaugh era losses.

During Hoke's tenure at Michigan, MSU was 42-12 with 2 division championships, 1 Big 10 championship, a Rose Bowl win, and a Cotton Bowl win.

During Hoke's, tenure at Michigan, OSU was 44-10 with 2 division championships, 1 Big 10 championship, a Fiesta Bowl win, a CFP championship, and an undefeated season (though ineligible for postseason).

MSU and OSU were plenty good when Hoke was there, and that hasn't really changed (save for MSU's blip last season) since Harbaugh took over.

Top Bottom