Who would you start at QB for the Gophers next week at Iowa?

Who would you start at QB for the Gophers next week at Iowa?

• Stick with Croft, he did enough today to keep job

Votes: 91 75.2%
  • Give the job back to Rhoda, he's the best option to win at Iowa

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Give Seth Green a shot

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 13 10.7%

• Total voters
(not serious) Use a different QB every play. really keep the defense guessing.

(Serious) Still think Croft has more upside. This was the 1st start of his college career. He looked good against MSU because (IMHO) he came into the game late and just cut loose without thinking a lot about it. this week, he had a week to think about being the starter. (still serious) - Maybe let Croft and Rhoda split reps during the week, and don't tell someone they're starting until right before kickoff, so they don't have time to think about it and get nervous. That's the problem - too much thinking.

Can you expand on this? Vs Big Ten

Croft:

Comp 45.7 yards/attempt 6.0 TD 4 INT 3 Rating 116.69

Rhoda:

46.0 6.1 3 3 103.28

We'll see how it plays out. Croft's stats are boosted by a good quarter against a team that didn't gameplan for him. Illinois knew it would be Croft and he really struggled. It's a small sample size but based on watching the games, I think Rhoda is probably a little better of a thrower.

Croft does throw a tight spiral though.

Fleck should not have brought Rhoda back. Took reps away from Morgan. Croft averaging 3 yards a carry doesn't open anything. He is not our future. He should go ahead and transfer to Mankato or USD. MAYBE he could start there. Maybe.

You're ****in retarded. Like Donald Trump retarded. Sad

You must have missed all the giant holes our running backs had to run through yesterday. Having croft out there as a running threat absolutely opened up the rest of our run game.

I seriously hope this is the case and it's the best reason to start Demry next week. While Croft is an upgrade over Rhoda and by all accounts has fast straight-line speed, he doesn't look fast during the games as it takes him a while to make decisions.

We'll see how it plays out. Croft's stats are boosted by a good quarter against a team that didn't gameplan for him. Illinois knew it would be Croft and he really struggled. It's a small sample size but based on watching the games, I think Rhoda is probably a little better of a thrower.

Croft does throw a tight spiral though.

Right now neither is making good decisions or consistently accurate. Croft has a much stronger arm. Rhoda has been playing scared which is totally unacceptable. Croft the gunslinger doing his best Favre imitation with the two INTs yesterday and nearly a third is also unacceptable but can't have a leader that's scared of getting hit - just can't. Twice now Croft's been hit while throwing and had wounded ducks intercepted. The other one was just a bad decision but one we see a lot of QBs at all levels make.

Let's see how he does the next game or two before drawing sweeping conclusions. Maybe he's a turnover machine, maybe he's a quick learner and develops.

People are saying Croft can run - not sure I saw great evidence of that yesterday.

I seriously hope this is the case and it's the best reason to start Demry next week. While Croft is an upgrade over Rhoda and by all accounts has fast straight-line speed, he doesn't look fast during the games as it takes him a while to make decisions.

I hope so too. Probably more likely a combo of Illinois having horrible run defense, our OL playing better (please please please be part of it!), and croft as a running threat keeping the defense honest. That and McCrary was a beast. I agree he didn't look too fast yesterday but he can definitely escape the pocket better than Rhoda.

You're ****in retarded. Like Donald Trump retarded. Sad[/QUOTE[

Excited about beating Illinois? Glad Croft is back for Year Zero? You think Croft is an elite B1G QB? What was his QB rating in his first B1G start?

People are saying Croft can run - not sure I saw great evidence of that yesterday.

He had 3 runs of 8 yards, one to convert a third and 4. Then several other short or negative gains. Not spectacular but probably more yards than Conor accumulated in 6 games.

I hope so too. Probably more likely a combo of Illinois having horrible run defense, our OL playing better (please please please be part of it!), and croft as a running threat keeping the defense honest. That and McCrary was a beast. I agree he didn't look too fast yesterday but he can definitely escape the pocket better than Rhoda.

Warinner may be our sole B1G level coach this year. Others may grow into it. Our OL will continue to get better regardless of how young it is. They will keep getting better as long as he coaches for us. The OL and DL are the essence of developing winning B1G football. We must keep Warinner. He is the Sawvel of the staff.

Right now neither is making good decisions or consistently accurate. Croft has a much stronger arm. Rhoda has been playing scared which is totally unacceptable. Croft the gunslinger doing his best Favre imitation with the two INTs yesterday and nearly a third is also unacceptable but can't have a leader that's scared of getting hit - just can't. Twice now Croft's been hit while throwing and had wounded ducks intercepted. The other one was just a bad decision but one we see a lot of QBs at all levels make.

Let's see how he does the next game or two before drawing sweeping conclusions. Maybe he's a turnover machine, maybe he's a quick learner and develops.

Lol, we were definitely not watching the same game if Croft is a 'gunslinger'

He had 3 runs of 8 yards, one to convert a third and 4. Then several other short or negative gains. Not spectacular but probably more yards than Conor accumulated in 6 games.

Hope you did not intend to use Conor as the standard for winning in the B1G. I hate that Rhoda take so much distain. I bet he is a great young man.

Lol, we were definitely not watching the same game if Croft is a 'gunslinger'

Is he (mostly) stepping up into the pocket and delivering passes or running backwards and throwing ducks?

You're right, we disagree.

Neither has been playing at a high level. We need better QB play.

Hope you did not intend to use Conor as the standard for winning in the B1G. I hate that Rhoda take so much distain. I bet he is a great young man.

Not really commenting on Rhoda's character. What does that have to do with discussing football performance. There are plenty of great people on campus or in the stands but we don't start them at QB.

Ability to run, even a little bit, makes a difference. Not sure how this is debatable. It's checkers not chess.

Is he (mostly) stepping up into the pocket and delivering passes or running backwards and throwing ducks?

This is a joke, right?

The best example of him stepping up into the pocket and delivering a pass yesterday was when he stepped up in the pocket and threw it deep out of bounds for an intentional grounding penalty; gotta be the first time I’ve ever seen a QB get a grounding penalty while stepping up in the pocket like that.

And it was most definitely “running backwards and throwing a duck” in the 3rd quarter when he heaved it into triple coverage in the end zone while retreating just before the FG.

Look, you’ve made your empassioned opinion in support of Croft abundantly clear to even the most casual observer and there’s nothing wrong with supporting a player but let’s at least be honest about his play yesterday; whether he was running it or throwing it, he was flat out terrible.

This is a joke, right?

The best example of him stepping up into the pocket and delivering a pass yesterday was when he stepped up in the pocket and threw it deep out of bounds for an intentional grounding penalty; gotta be the first time I’ve ever seen a QB get a grounding penalty while stepping up in the pocket like that.

And it was most definitely “running backwards and throwing a duck” in the 3rd quarter when he heaved it into triple coverage in the end zone while retreating just before the FG.

Look, you’ve made your empassioned opinion in support of Croft abundantly clear to even the most casual observer and there’s nothing wrong with supporting a player but let’s at least be honest about his play yesterday; whether he was running it or throwing it, he was flat out terrible.

I'm pretty sure I've plainly stated he had a horrid day. Not sure what the argument is? Are you arguing for Rhoda, or Morgan, or what?

He was hit while throwing by the DT running around the guard. Not a great decision but it is what it is. Last week he was hit by a tackle that blew up Weyler.

Were you as impassioned when Rhoda not only forgot the play but then tried to hand off to Brooks running into two unblocked defenders? How the **** does that happen?

Stop with the histrionics. Everyone knows he made some really bad decisions. I'll be the first calling for his head if it continues but the options aren't great.

Am I allowed to think they have both played equally as poorly or do I have to pick a side? Fighting over which has played better is funny. Save 4Q versus MSU, we haven't seen even average QB play all year - from either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I allowed to think they have both played equally as poorly or do I have to pick a side? Fighting over which has played better is funny. Save 4Q versus MSU, we haven't seen even average QB play all year - from either.

Fleck needs to make a decision on who has the highest upside and ride that horse. If it's Green then let's see him. If Morgan then let's get him prepped with game experience but based on the craziness at DB have to think he'll surely redshirt unless all of Croft, Green, and Rhoda go down.

Am I wrong thinking you want Morgan in at QB? Isn't that taking a side?

Am I wrong thinking you want Morgan in at QB? Isn't that taking a side?

You are wrong. I want them to stick with Croft, but not cuz I think he has looked any better or worse than Rhoda.

Even if Croft is our backup next year, getting him more experience this year is important.

You are wrong. I want them to stick with Croft, but not cuz I think he has looked any better or worse than Rhoda.

Did you not post you want Morgan if Croft can't get it done (i.e. no better than Rhoda)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUO

Did you not post you want Morgan if Croft can't get it done (i.e. no better than Rhoda)?

I don't recall posting that. If I did, I am not sure of what the context was or at what point in the season. I have not been pushing to start Morgan. In fact, have expressed concerns about his size. If PJ plans to start him next year, then I guess I would be OK with him playing. All about experience at this point.

Top Bottom