Who is your Gopher MVP in today's 24-17 win over Illinois?

• Kobe McCrary

Votes: 46 69.7%
  • Jon Celestin

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Rodney Smith

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Carter Coughlin

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

KM22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's got to be Kobe doesn't it? Call me crazy but I think he can play at the next level. Carter Coughlin did have a heckuva game too.

Pick 6 was huge ..
*JC13
**CC45
***KM22

McCrary needs to get consistent carries even if the other two guys are healthy.

The coaching staff. They ran the ball 55 times, and won. That takes courage, design, dedication, and determination. They can do that again if the chose to commit. A big back against any defense is challenge.

The QB from Illinois who threw the pick 6 in the fourth quarter, preventing what could've possibly been another embarrassing loss. Illinois on homecoming would've been Brewster era bad.

The QB from Illinois who threw the pick 6 in the fourth quarter, preventing what could've possibly been another embarrassing loss. Illinois on homecoming would've been Brewster era bad.

Lovie, thank you for putting your true freshman running QB out there when you had to go 80 yards in 4 minutes. Even better, thanks to your OC for calling for a pass on the first play!

McCrary. No question. Hit the holes quick..little as they were.. no stop/start which has been killing Rodney.
Ran like SB23 at his best.

You think those holes were little yesterday?

Just my initial recollection, but I didn't think there were many holes that would qualify as "gaping"....There was typically initial contact very close to the line of scrimmage... Many carries, Rodney would hit the line of scrimmage and stutter step.... McCrary blew through the line of scrimmage. Rodney may have been able to equal McCrary's yardage without the hesitation....

I did have a couple of Miller Lights though... maybe I will have to re watch the game.

It's got to be Kobe doesn't it? Call me crazy but I think he can play at the next level. Carter Coughlin did have a heckuva game too.

Yeah, Celestin and Coughlin deserve some recognition but McCrary literally carried the team on offense yesterday and was a beast. Illinois knew that we couldn't throw the ball and they still couldn't stop him.

Lovie, thank you for putting your true freshman running QB out there when you had to go 80 yards in 4 minutes. Even better, thanks to your OC for calling for a pass on the first play!

Thank you for your continued support of Gopher football!

Just my initial recollection, but I didn't think there were many holes that would qualify as "gaping"....There was typically initial contact very close to the line of scrimmage... Many carries, Rodney would hit the line of scrimmage and stutter step.... McCrary blew through the line of scrimmage. Rodney may have been able to equal McCrary's yardage without the hesitation....

I did have a couple of Miller Lights though... maybe I will have to re watch the game.

If you didn't think those holes were gaping, you had more than a few Miller Lites....:drink:

If you didn't think those holes were gaping, you had more than a few Miller Lites....:drink:

Ha... well, it was homecoming, and a 2:30 start....Guilty as charged..
I watched come highlights, I guess my vision was "tunneled"...

Thomas Barber wasn't a choice? Sure should have replaced Smith who had a disastrous fumble.

Thomas Barber wasn't a choice? Sure should have replaced Smith who had a disastrous fumble.

That approach only applies to certain players. We have seen that already.

Wonder if McCrary can get a chance at fullback in the NFL? I realize he wouldn't be drafted, but it seems like he could be every bit as good as a guy like CJ Ham.

Top Bottom