ESPN: Jimbo Fisher, fan trade verbal jabs as Seminoles fall to 0-3 at home

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

The frustration of Florida State's 2-4 start to the season boiled over after Saturday's 31-28 loss to Louisville, when coach Jimbo Fisher got into a verbal altercation with a fan.

As Fisher was exiting the field at Doak Campbell Stadium, a fan yelled that the coach needed to make changes on his staff. Fisher reportedly responded that the fan should come to the field and argue with him face to face.

In his postgame news conference, Fisher said he should not have argued with the fan but felt obligated to defend his Seminoles.

"Just support, you know what I'm saying," Fisher said. "There's no reason to be nasty. But at the same time, defending players and people you're with, I'm in charge of them. I love them like a father. When they say something to your family, you take up for it."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...sher-florida-state-seminoles-defends-spat-fan

Go Gophers!!

Chili be boiling hot down there

Wonder if Jimbo Fisher blocks ppl on Twitter too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fan should of said, ok I’ll be right down. Jimbo Fisher looks like a little pansy.

Maybe Jimbo isn't the answer for FSU? He took a nineten win team and they've won fourtwo games this year. He's all talk and doesn't produce results.

I was going to pose this thought tonight.

If folks here were told at the beginning of the season that on October 22nd that we would have one less loss than Florida State, people would have been jumping for joy...

So invite that fan to have a discussion about it. What a cop out

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I'm amazed at some fanbases sometimes. Here's a coach that's won nine or more games every season he's been there. He's finished in the top 25 every season he's been there. He's won three conference championships, four division championships, a national championship and five bowl games.

Yet they get off to a rough start here and some fans are already asking for changes? They lost their starting quarterback against Alabama, one of their games that would have been a win got cancelled and some of their other losses have come against good opponents.

I of course don't agree with how Fisher handled that, but I could understand being pretty frustrated.

Maybe Jimbo isn't the answer for FSU? He took a nineten win team and they've won fourtwo games this year. He's all talk and doesn't produce results.

He won the National Championship in 2013 and is playing a true freshman QB cuz he lost a stud in Francois.

Top Bottom