Video Press Conference: Coach Fleck on 24-17 Homecoming Win Over Illinois

Ain’t nobody gonna affect what that guy does and his attitude. Nobody, Twin Cities media doesn’t stand a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say it is honest, to the point, and damn it all, I'm backing this guy.

"We are 1-0 in the Illini season." Funny but strange thing to say.

What stood out to me is when he stated that we are 3+ minutes from being 7-0 and then he acknowledges that was a dumb statement in previous press conferences. It was a small comment but it shows he has humility in my mind. Makes me like him even more.

He is a straight shooter and that is why I believe in the direction of this program. He is building the foundation and working on the 2018 class. I think each Class will get better and better. The team is going to be very young the next 2 years, but once his foundation is in place I think this program is going to reach new highs

What stood out to me is when he stated that we are 3+ minutes from being 7-0 and then he acknowledges that was a dumb statement in previous press conferences. It was a small comment but it shows he has humility in my mind. Makes me like him even more.

I was struck by his comments on the difficulty being a student athlete in the age of social media. Around 4:19. It is worth remembering the players are not pros and are quite young and often face harsh anonymous criticism. I can only imagine the vile crap some of them receive via twitter.

Love hearing PJ talk when he's not in sales mode. Likeable guy.

Top Bottom