Security is ridiculous today

Yeah, I don't get the complaining about it either. The bag provided is good sized, even though I have not needed to use it. One thing for sure they've done well is communicate this policy.

To be more accurate, it was started in the 2015 season...so parts of three seasons.

To each their own. I know the bag policy drives my wife nuts and it's also very nice to bring a bag if you have small kids. The Twins allow you to bring your own food in too.

Not a big deal, but it's definitely something nice about going to a Twins game. Like I said before, it doesn't keep me from going to Gopher games.

To each their own. I know the bag policy drives my wife nuts and it's also very nice to bring a bag if you have small kids. The Twins allow you to bring your own food in too.

Not a big deal, but it's definitely something nice about going to a Twins game. Like I said before, it doesn't keep me from going to Gopher games.

We have a small kid we have brought to the games, the clear bag works perfect for all their stuff. If 1 bag isn't enough, get 2. It's pretty simple.

We have a small kid we have brought to the games, the clear bag works perfect for all their stuff. If 1 bag isn't enough, get 2. It's pretty simple.

You have no idea how many snacks my kids eat :)

Side note, I know someone who brought a gallon of milk into the game. Tall guy, he said he just held it way above his head when they wanted him and no one said a thing.

I went in with a friend in a wheelchair last week. No security screening at all. He had a backpack, didn't go through a metal detector or anything. Just a friendly wave on through for him and the 3 of us with him. I don't get it at all. Meanwhile people get turned away if they have a large wallet that they will gladly open to show there's only a few CCs and a phone inside.

Side note: I've walked past the ticket scanner people 3 times this year without getting my ticket scanned. They get backed up and just wave you through or just don't seem to care if you get it scanned or not. The first time I was shockeed. Since then, I've began to see how many times I can get through without even having a ticket in hand.

So some gates have metal detectors and some don't? Am I the only one that finds that odd? If someone was trying to smuggle something in- wouldn't they just walk around until they found a gate with no screening? Overall the attitude of screeners and ticket scanners at my normal gate- Gate B- is a whole lot of:

'D O N ' T C A R E'.

They were probably more PO'd at the last game than I was because they had to deal with the hassle.

The only issue I have with the bag policy is that the visiting fans consistently get surprised by it and the security staff consistently acts like it's never happened before so the lines are moving along well and then someone gets into a 5 minute argument about the bag policy not being fair and they don't seem to know how to handle that efficiently and get the line moving again. Also I am a little concerned about how long the lines have been given how terrible the attendance has been, what's a sell out going to look like?

The only issue I have with the bag policy is that the visiting fans consistently get surprised by it and the security staff consistently acts like it's never happened before so the lines are moving along well and then someone gets into a 5 minute argument about the bag policy not being fair and they don't seem to know how to handle that efficiently and get the line moving again. Also I am a little concerned about how long the lines have been given how terrible the attendance has been, what's a sell out going to look like?

Everyone involved in security at the gates should be on the lookout for non-conforming bags so that they don't even make it up to the front of the line before they're told. Or maybe if you could issue a "straight to the front of the line" pass for someone who has to leave to check a bag they might not be as argumentative.

Some people won't listen, though - going to a Vikings game earlier this season, I told a couple of women in line that they wouldn't be able to get their purses in and I kept pushing the point when I got a "I'm sure that's just a guideline - they won't actually not let us in" attitude back. Eventually I gave up and after 10 minutes waiting in line, sure enough, they weren't allowed in, and they protested about how ridiculous it was and how they didn't know about it, so they should get an exception.

Everyone involved in security at the gates should be on the lookout for non-conforming bags so that they don't even make it up to the front of the line before they're told. Or maybe if you could issue a "straight to the front of the line" pass for someone who has to leave to check a bag they might not be as argumentative.

Some people won't listen, though - going to a Vikings game earlier this season, I told a couple of women in line that they wouldn't be able to get their purses in and I kept pushing the point when I got a "I'm sure that's just a guideline - they won't actually not let us in" attitude back. Eventually I gave up and after 10 minutes waiting in line, sure enough, they weren't allowed in, and they protested about how ridiculous it was and how they didn't know about it, so they should get an exception.

They had a dude with a bull horn on Saturday at the gate nearest to goldy’s (Sadly, I know none of the gate letters and have had season tickets all years of TCF and since college at the U in ‘03) locker room calling people out and repeating instructions over and over and over and over and over again. And people he didn’t catch who clearly heard him shouting the bag policy still got in line with bags that don’t fit policy and whined when they couldn’t get in. I sat and watched this transpire for about 15-20 minutes. Was quite entertaining as people can be really stupid.

Honestly, another point is I am surprised the U offer a bag check option. They could easily tell you to go kick rocks, bring it to your vehicle as you’re not getting in with that. Seems like they are at east trying to help accommodate somewhat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that the security issue impacts the long lines in others ways than the time it takes to pass a wand around somebody’s body. The advent of security has lead to less entrances into sports facilities. We have gone from ticket takers at multiple entrances to layered security check points at fewer entrances. This leads to more congestion as more people trying to get through fewer gates.

Top Bottom