Security is ridiculous today

1967 2.0

Banned
Reaction score
Lines a mile long outside the stadium as security is clearly cracking down. Hope to be in by end of 1st quarter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Lines a mile long outside the stadium as security is clearly cracking down. Hope to be in by end of 1st quarter.

Did you make it in for kickoff?!

Metal detected and wanded at entrance. When did the u hire TSA?

Same as it has been all year. Too bad you were not prepared. Better luck next time.

TCF Stadium needs to talk to the Twins how to do security. So much smoother experience at Target Field.

TCF Stadium needs to talk to the Twins how to do security. So much smoother experience at Target Field.

Amen. And you can bring a bag. But mostly, it’s the attitude. The Twins treat you like a guest, the U treats you like a criminal.

Same as it has been all year. Too bad you were not prepared. Better luck next time.

This is good. So, is it a relative or is it family that you know on the security team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's security theater. Gives the illusion of security without actually providing security.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I got through security in like 30 seconds at about 2:20. Maybe try another door or get there earlier.

My experience today was exactly the same as it's been every other week.

The security was pretty equal to every game the past couple years. Today's lines seemed longer, but got in the door fairly quickly. I also use clear Coyle bag, which helps get through security without incident.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

No issues for the Billd's.

However, Homecoming does bring in folks who've not been to TCF in several years or even at all. Typically purses but today someone was planning on bringing in a small backpack. Obviously hadn't got the memo.

I got through security in like 30 seconds at about 2:20. Maybe try another door or get there earlier.

Went in at 2 and it took less than 5 minutes. No problem. Staff very pleasant.

Thought was fine, we picked line with lot of bag holders slowing it down

No issues for the Billd's.

However, Homecoming does bring in folks who've not been to TCF in several years or even at all. Typically purses but today someone was planning on bringing in a small backpack. Obviously hadn't got the memo.

I still don't understand how the Twins and Disney World can allow bags, but TCF can only allow a wallet. Either Target Field and Disney World are extremely dangerous places to be, or TCF is way overboard on security.

My experience today was exactly the same as it's been every other week.

Same here Dpo. It’s exactly the same as going to a Vikings game. Same security protocol. I find it funny people still aren’t able to figure it out.

I still don't understand how the Twins and Disney World can allow bags, but TCF can only allow a wallet. Either Target Field and Disney World are extremely dangerous places to be, or TCF is way overboard on security.

TCF follows the same procedures that are used in the NFL. At least, that’s what it is modeled after.

TCF follows the same procedures that are used in the NFL. At least, that’s what it is modeled after.

Does not make them necessary or reasonable.

Does not make them necessary or reasonable.

Oh I agree. Sure they may be to strict, but it’s the policy we have until it changes. So you can either deal with it or not go.

I have yet to be in line longer than 5 minutes to get in. From my observations of being in line at every home game, the problem is the people who have no clue what the policies are in regards to bags when they show up. They get all the way up to the metal detector, then whine and complain and are astonished they can’t bring their wheelie suitcase ( I’m being sarcastic here) in the game. That’s what wastes a ton of time. If people know the policies, it’s goes much, much more smoothly.

We had no issues today, but I received two texts from fellow, long-time season ticket holders who said it was some of the worst pre-game security they've had at TCF Bank. I imagine the delta between the experiences today has to do with location and potentially timing.

Go Gophers!!

Welcome to the post Las Vegas massacre world.

I was quite pleased. My friend and I entered with the tickets we had just bought and nobody was even paying attention...we slowed down to get them scanned and the lady had her back turned to us and was talking elsewhere. There were 6 people I noticed just walking right on in after being "wanded" with their tickets in hand and they didn't even get scanned.

I think I have a new, cheap strategy for attending games in the future.

I had same normal experience. Well except I brought my dad today and he had like five dollars in change in his pockets. :cool02:

No correlation. This policy precedes that event, and even letting purses in would not allow an AR15, let alone a bakers dozen of them with ammo.

The post-Las Vegas world will eventually have airport type security at every school, hotel, mall and restaurant in the country...

Just get to the stadium 15 minutes earlier. We got to the gate at 2pm and it took 30 seconds as there were only 3 people in front of me in line. If you wait until 2:15 the lines take forever. It has been this way since the beginning of time.

Top Bottom