Security is ridiculous today

I was quite pleased. My friend and I entered with the tickets we had just bought and nobody was even paying attention...we slowed down to get them scanned and the lady had her back turned to us and was talking elsewhere. There were 6 people I noticed just walking right on in after being "wanded" with their tickets in hand and they didn't even get scanned.

I think I have a new, cheap strategy for attending games in the future.

Exactly. I don't understand how you get funneled in through set security lines, and then after that, you get to a random, unorganized, "kind of a line" where they scan your ticket. (yes, you could easily just wait for the scanner to turn her back and walk right in without a ticket).

I can understand the lines, I just don't agree with the bag policy (and I don't normally carry a bag). And like someone else mentioned, the Twins treat you as a guest. Maybe it's because the twins do it 81 times a year vs 7, but the TCF staff could learn from the Twins. Don't get me wrong though - the security issues at TCF wouldn't prevent me from going to a game. It's just annoying.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

I still don't understand how the Twins and Disney World can allow bags, but TCF can only allow a wallet. Either Target Field and Disney World are extremely dangerous places to be, or TCF is way overboard on security.

I can understand the lines, I just don't agree with the bag policy (and I don't normally carry a bag). And like someone else mentioned, the Twins treat you as a guest. Maybe it's because the twins do it 81 times a year vs 7, but the TCF staff could learn from the Twins. Don't get me wrong though - the security issues at TCF wouldn't prevent me from going to a game. It's just annoying.

Not remotely true. Try complaining somewhere else.

Not remotely true. Try complaining somewhere else.

Yep, that poster obviously has not gone to events at these facilities in the recent past. Got in yesterday in less than 2 minutes at around 2:20. Zero issues.

I've gone to multiple games at each of the three stadiums as well as target center. Only the soccer game that opened US Bank stadium had issues moving folks in and out. Security at all of the stadiums is essentially the same.

Yep, that poster obviously has not gone to events at these facilities in the recent past.

Yep. Twins season ticket holder and was at Disney World in the last month.

I feel like I went to a different game than everyone else. Last week, my ticket was never even scanned, partially due to the delay, I walked in with no lines at all. Yesterday, lines were down the sidewalk all the way out to the streets and down the streets at three of the gates that I walked to. There metal detectors at all three gates, which I have never walked through before at a Gopher game. I have not missed a home game since 2010. It usually takes a couple of minutes to get in from the street to my seats. Yesterday it took over 25 minutes.

I feel like I went to a different game than everyone else. Last week, my ticket was never even scanned, partially due to the delay, I walked in with no lines at all. Yesterday, lines were down the sidewalk all the way out to the streets and down the streets at three of the gates that I walked to. There metal detectors at all three gates, which I have never walked through before at a Gopher game. I have not missed a home game since 2010. It usually takes a couple of minutes to get in from the street to my seats. Yesterday it took over 25 minutes.

There's been metal detectors at all games.

We zipped through our gate with a bag; the security was same as usual. However, during our pre-game stroll around the outside of the stadium we noticed the lines at the south main gate were pretty long. I'd would've used another gate.

The wait/security at the half dozen Twins game I went to this year was no different than the five games at TCF...except that a little more than half as many people going to Twins compared to Gophs games.

I actually went through security traffic faster than ever this past game...

I'm not a fan of the bag policy but have never felt I was treated poorly at a game, I go every game.

Additionally, Disneyworld is not a good comparison at all. It draws about what an NFL game does on a daily basis but has a much, much larger window of time for those attending to enter. It's like using MOA as a comparison. Apples to oranges.

Not on the north side of the stadium unless you are talking about handheld wands. Yesterday newly installed walk-through metal detectors, were present and not working. North and northeast gates had incredibly long lines with very irritable fans especially when others cut in line. For those claiming it was business as usual clearly you weren't at those two gates about 10 minutes before kickoff. I got in about half way through the first quarter.

Not on the north side of the stadium unless you are talking about handheld wands. Yesterday newly installed walk-through metal detectors, were present and not working. North and northeast gates had incredibly long lines with very irritable fans especially when others cut in line. For those claiming it was business as usual clearly you weren't at those two gates about 10 minutes before kickoff. I got in about half way through the first quarter.

If you get to the gate 10 minutes before kick off your are going to have a bad time.

Does anyone know if their plan is to install the metal detectors at all the games? The first game we waited in line at the main south gate and it was horrible because of the metal detectors. The next game we decided to try the next gate west, no metal detectors just wands. Have been going to that gate since. Even at this gate if you wait until 10-15 minutes before game time the line takes forever. If you are 30 minutes before game time there is literally no line. Just show up 15 minutes earlier.

I must not have drank enough before the game and thus noticed them for the first time ever. Or else you are wrong. I’m pretty sure I did drink enough, so a logical person can deduce what the correct answer is...

Went through the metal detectors at the West Gate - Plaza a couple of times now...yesterday included.

Keys and phones out of your pockets into the little plastic bin as you go through. Answer if you have a belt on when getting wanded. Easier than the airport.

I must not have drank enough before the game and thus noticed them for the first time ever. Or else you are wrong. I’m pretty sure I did drink enough, so a logical person can deduce what the correct answer is...

They have been at every game. I don't think they are at every gate (well I know they aren't at every gate).

Assuming you mean gates B and C, since they are the only north/east entrances. I went in C yesterday on the east side across from the lightrail stop, which is the student entrance. There were no walk-through detectors and there was literally no line. My usual entrance is gate B on the north side. When I walked by that gate around 2:20, the lines were maybe 30 feet long.

If you got in halfway through the first quarter and the delay was that long, you got to the gate after kickoff, which was around 2:40.

Assuming you mean gates B and C, since they are the only north/east entrances. I went in C yesterday on the east side across from the lightrail stop, which is the student entrance. There were no walk-through detectors and there was literally no line. My usual entrance is gate B on the north side. When I walked by that gate around 2:20, the lines were maybe 30 feet long.

If you got in halfway through the first quarter and the delay was that long, you got to the gate after kickoff, which was around 2:40.

Can confirm, went in through gate C with him. No walk-through detectors, no line at all, walked in at 2:20 and were at our seats before the team's left the feild after warmups. If the line is long just check another gate. Worst case you spend 5 - 10 minutes walking around the stadium, which could save you (apparently) 30-45 minutes waiting in a line.

They have been at every game. I don't think they are at every gate (well I know they aren't at every gate).

Gate D and premium seating are the only gates I have not gone through this year. Have yet to go through walk-through detectors but all gates I've gone through have had hand-held detectors.

Gate D and premium seating are the only gates I have not gone through this year. Have yet to go through walk-through detectors but all gates I've gone through have had hand-held detectors.

I don't know which gate is which, I have walked by the main south gate before every game (and gone through it the first game) and they have had metal detectors every game this year. Sorry but yes they have have had metal detectors at every game, just not every gate. Sounds like they added them to more gates recently by other's complaints here.

I don't know which gate is which, I have walked by the main south gate before every game (and gone through it the first game) and they have had metal detectors every game this year. Sorry but yes they have have had metal detectors at every game, just not every gate. Sounds like they added them to more gates recently by other's complaints here.

That's gate D. Guess I've managed to miss the walk-throughs. I went through E last week, which is the south entrance on the open west side, B the game before, both had wands.

That's gate D. Guess I've managed to miss the walk-throughs. I went through E last week, which is the south entrance on the open west side, B the game before, both had wands.

Wands are much more efficient. Although I didn't think they would actually catch anything as the wanding is pretty pathetic I did watch one guy catch 2 kids with a total 12 pack of mountain dew! I was impressed at how many cans each kid on their person(6 each). Would have been more impressed if they were beers but the kids were only like 12.

Edit: I will add I'm not sure why they are more efficient, you'd think walking through a metal detector would be more efficient. I suppose stupid people slow it down.

Wands are much more efficient. Although I didn't think they would actually catch anything as the wanding is pretty pathetic I did watch one guy catch 2 kids with a total 12 pack of mountain dew! I was impressed at how many cans each kid on their person(6 each). Would have been more impressed if they were beers but the kids were only like 12.

Edit: I will add I'm not sure why they are more efficient, you'd think walking through a metal detector would be more efficient. I suppose stupid people slow it down.

YOU can have more with wands and they are mobile so they should be able to adjust to the flow. Agree...they're effectiveness varies widely depending on the person administrating.

Those kids should have had plastic bottles...

Additionally, Disneyworld is not a good comparison at all. It draws about what an NFL game does on a daily basis but has a much, much larger window of time for those attending to enter. It's like using MOA as a comparison. Apples to oranges.
Like I said in a previous post, my annoyance is with the bag policy not the lines. I get it that there will be lines. Although in general I would say the Twins lines are shorter, but there are still lines. One big difference could be that TCF and the Vikings outsource security but I am pretty sure the Twins have their own security staff (81 dates vs 7).

Like I said in a previous post, my annoyance is with the bag policy not the lines. I get it that there will be lines. Although in general I would say the Twins lines are shorter, but there are still lines. One big difference could be that TCF and the Vikings outsource security but I am pretty sure the Twins have their own security staff (81 dates vs 7).

Again, attendance at Twins games are usually close to half what they are at TCF with the same number of entrances. The bag policy has been in place for 3 seasons.

Again, attendance at Twins games are usually close to half what they are at TCF with the same number of entrances. The bag policy has been in place for 3 seasons.

I thought last year was the first year of the new bag policy but it doesn't matter, either way it's not new. And its not difficult to buy and use one of the clear ones. We have 2 (one we bought and one was mailed out with our season tickets this year). Not sure why people still complain about it (not directed at you PMW)

I thought last year was the first year of the new bag policy but it doesn't matter, either way it's not new. And its not difficult to buy and use one of the clear ones. We have 2 (one we bought and one was mailed out with our season tickets this year). Not sure why people still complain about it (not directed at you PMW)

Yeah, I don't get the complaining about it either. The bag provided is good sized, even though I have not needed to use it. One thing for sure they've done well is communicate this policy.

To be more accurate, it was started in the 2015 season...so parts of three seasons.

Yeah, I don't get the complaining about it either. The bag provided is good sized, even though I have not needed to use it. One thing for sure they've done well is communicate this policy.

To be more accurate, it was started in the 2015 season...so parts of three seasons.

Because you are not wearing a skirt. I’m not either. But if you were, you’d wish the allowable clutch size could fit a smat phone, tampon, an lipstick.

Top Bottom