Maryland

DrinoneMays9

Reaction score
Thought Maryland had to much speed for us!? Since we played them it seems like they have been outscored 220-14. Culture Shock!

Thought Maryland had to much speed for us!? Since we played them it seems like they have been outscored 220-14. Culture Shock!

That post is hilarious. You do realize that Maryland has only played 2 games since playing us and one of those was against Ohio State??? And you are probably one of the posters on here who talk about how Brohm is going to be better coach than Fleck, yet Purdue is losing to Rutgers at the half.

It happens. Sometime you play well, sometimes you don't. When we played Maryland, we didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, I am a Fleckster til the end. Just find it funny how some people want justify recruiting rankings is the reason we lost. I think the season turns around today! No way in hell do I think Brohm is a better coach either. Purdue literally gave the game away and we literally gave it back to them.

That post is hilarious. You do realize that Maryland has only played 2 games since playing us and one of those was against Ohio State??? And you are probably one of the posters on here who talk about how Brohm is going to be better coach than Fleck, yet Purdue is losing to Rutgers at the half.

It happens. Sometime you play well, sometimes you don't. When we played Maryland, we didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only shocking part of this is when P.J., in referring to our 3 Big Ten losses, stated that we've proven we can hang with the best teams in our Conference. To me, that's worth exploring further and trying to figure out if he was serious.

Most of us realize it's not about this year, it's about the future. The trouble is many of us including me try to find and use data from this year to figure out if PJ is credible and knows what he's doing. I think it's fair to say he gives his detractors plenty of ammo to use against him. So, either you trust the guy and wait and see, or you drive yourself crazy picking on PJ and his staff today.

PJ gets to prove he can coach in the Big Ten starting today.

Other than personnel decisions like starting Kiondre...team overall looks better, e.g. on offense despite the boneheaded QB play. Did what they needed to do to win. The defense has taken a big step back but have to give a sorta mulligan there. Still doesn't explain poor tackling.

I am somewhat encouraged going into the teeth of the schedule. Illinois, while not good, is not quite as big of a defensive dumpster fire as say OSU. They are 76th in defensive S&P+ while Oregon state is 125th.

That said, our defensive backfield won't likely hold up BUT do we face any deadly passing attacks? Not really. On offense we are showing signs of life. Still trying to forget Purdue and Maryland but it will take awhile.

I've sort of gone into the acceptance phase that the program has taken a step back. Denial, anger, bargaining are in the rear mirror.

Other than personnel decisions like starting Kiondre...team overall looks better, e.g. on offense despite the boneheaded QB play. Did what they needed to do to win. The defense has taken a big step back but have to give a sorta mulligan there. Still doesn't explain poor tackling.

I am somewhat encouraged going into the teeth of the schedule. Illinois, while not good, is not quite as big of a defensive dumpster fire as say OSU. They are 76th in defensive S&P+ while Oregon state is 125th.

That said, our defensive backfield won't likely hold up BUT do we face any deadly passing attacks? Not really. On offense we are showing signs of life. Still trying to forget Purdue and Maryland but it will take awhile.

I've sort of gone into the acceptance phase that the program has taken a step back. Denial, anger, bargaining are in the rear mirror.

I liked what I saw yesterday for the most part outside of the QB. Croft was absolutely brutal. Defense looked good and our running game looked good.

Other than personnel decisions like starting Kiondre...

Kiondre looked fine when he was playing. You want to hold everyone out for an extra week after they've been cleared to play? He could have sat out yesterday and still got injured again next week.

Kiondre looked fine when he was playing. You want to hold everyone out for an extra week after they've been cleared to play? He could have sat out yesterday and still got injured again next week.

When we have guys that can barely hobble off the field that doesn't heal in 14 days. We've now had two reinjuries and chances are the rehab may take longer. Stupid to hold onto the redshirt.

When we have guys that can barely hobble off the field that doesn't heal in 14 days. We've now had two reinjuries and chances are the rehab may take longer. Stupid to hold onto the redshirt.

Kiondre wasn't hobbling at all yesterday when he was playing. Even after the injury he was jogging on the sideline. There's probably a good chance he plays this week.

Kiondre wasn't hobbling at all yesterday when he was playing. Even after the injury he was jogging on the sideline. There's probably a good chance he plays this week.

I was hoping cramp. Mason guessed hamstring. I have not heard the official word on it.

The only shocking part of this is when P.J., in referring to our 3 Big Ten losses, stated that we've proven we can hang with the best teams in our Conference. To me, that's worth exploring further and trying to figure out if he was serious.

Most of us realize it's not about this year, it's about the future. The trouble is many of us including me try to find and use data from this year to figure out if PJ is credible and knows what he's doing. I think it's fair to say he gives his detractors plenty of ammo to use against him. So, either you trust the guy and wait and see, or you drive yourself crazy picking on PJ and his staff today.

Don't care if you drive yourself crazy. It's when I'm driven crazy that I get surly with the continuous bitching over some of the same things. At my age, I certainly don't see the benefit of the sprint down the sideline or the formation of goose decoys; but, hey, he took a team to a bowl game last year that would have made GH giddy with excitement. Doesn't matter if he has a schtick; if he dabs in coach-speak; if he's building a new culture; if he makes excuses. In one form or another all football coaches, especially new ones, do it. If he gets his players to buy in and if he can recruit, that's what is important. So far, I've seen no evidence that he can't get it done.

Injuries are funny that way, they feel good until they give out. IIRC it was the same leg he was clutching two weeks ago. He'll feel worse the next few days. Injuries of any sort take time to heal particularly IF it is a hammy which it probably/likely was.

Whatever. Was Coney Durr ready to play? Not even close. Harris should have played vs Purdue, period.

Don't care if you drive yourself crazy. It's when I'm driven crazy that I get surly with the continuous bitching over some of the same things. At my age, I certainly don't see the benefit of the sprint down the sideline or the formation of goose decoys; but, hey, he took a team to a bowl game last year that would have made GH giddy with excitement. Doesn't matter if he has a schtick; if he dabs in coach-speak; if he's building a new culture; if he makes excuses. In one form or another all football coaches, especially new ones, do it. If he gets his players to buy in and if he can recruit, that's what is important. So far, I've seen no evidence that he can't get it done.
Good for you. But more important to me is to win some games...is 6 too many to start with in year zero?

Injuries are funny that way, they feel good until they give out. IIRC it was the same leg he was clutching two weeks ago. He'll feel worse the next few days. Injuries of any sort take time to heal particularly IF it is a hammy which it probably/likely was.

Whatever. Was Coney Durr ready to play? Not even close. Harris should have played vs Purdue, period.

Yeah, I'm sure you know exactly how he feels. Why haven't they forced Winfield to play to save Handy-Holly's redshirt? Why is Celestin playing with a bad elbow, when that's our deepest position and he needs his arms to tackle? Maybe because Thomas' injury isn't that bad. Everyone is banged up when you get into the 2nd half of the season. Holding out healthy players extra weeks to prevent future injuries is a ridiculous take. Especially one who redshirted last year.

Durr is an entirely different situation. He wasn't ready and should have been redshirted this year.

Yeah, I'm sure you know exactly how he feels. Why haven't they forced Winfield to play to save Handy-Holly's redshirt? Why is Celestin playing with a bad elbow, when that's our deepest position and he needs his arms to tackle? Maybe because Thomas' injury isn't that bad. Everyone is banged up when you get into the 2nd half of the season. Holding out healthy players extra weeks to prevent future injuries is a ridiculous take. Especially one who redshirted last year.

Durr is an entirely different situation. He wasn't ready and should have been redshirted this year.

Yeah, ridiculous.

Top Bottom