***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA HOMECOMING IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Two posters criticized the clock management, everyone else did not. They were a minority. They way people like you blow everything out of proportion make this board unreadable.

This. Time to renew my membership at Scout. I feel like I am reading the Strib comments.

With Croft not passing well today, i have no problem with running on 2nd down against this defense. It also takes more time off the clock with timeouts in the kitty.

Yep same here.
I really like Rodney smith but he has a little fumbleitis.

My thinking on the clock issue. What if you get a 1st-and goal from the 3, but there's only time left for one play? Go for the TD and miss, no time left to try the FG. If you have to play conservatively because you're worried about Illinois going the length of the field to score in 30 seconds, that's not showing a lot of faith in your defense. I would have used my time outs and given the offense more plays to try and score a TD.

Is anyone else not a fan of when a coach says "we just need to excecute"? I'm not just talking about Fleck. Bugs me from any coach.

I don't know, but if I'm not mistaken, Croft has completed 2 passes, one of which was a screen pass. To his credit, he'd have increased his # of completions by 50% if Carter would catch a ball right to him.

Given the inability to pass the ball, and a run game that has only produced 7 points...I'm not sure how if the first half gameplan was a good one.

McCreary continues to produce as the back. It's too bad he gets so few carries.

Yep McCreary will hopefully get lots of carried in the second half.
I think Croft will bounce back :)

There were three posters, with some posters posting multiple times complaining about clock management. Three posters is very small. But yes, everyone is criticizing Fleck's clock management. Now you can post with righteous indignation.

My thinking on the clock issue. What if you get a 1st-and goal from the 3, but there's only time left for one play? Go for the TD and miss, no time left to try the FG. If you have to play conservatively because you're worried about Illinois going the length of the field to score in 30 seconds, that's not showing a lot of faith in your defense. I would have used my time outs and given the offense more plays to try and score a TD.

Well now its back down to two people criticizing clock management. SON was just questioning not criticizing. Or is that also not permitted on this board?

Well now its back down to two people criticizing clock management. SON was just questioning not criticizing. Or is that also not permitted on this board?

I bet the people who said the clock management was bad were also outraged PJ considered switching sidelines.

I wanted to see them have more than just three plays for a touchdown. It was 1st & 10 after the fumble recovery, not 1st & goal. Except for the short field they got, the Illinois offense doesn’t look all that great & our defense is pretty solid. That’s my gripe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good start for the 2nd half on defense. Now let's see the offense pick it up.

Is it silly to say that McCreary is our best running back? Like watching him.

I would be interested to see what the YPC split is with Croft under center vs. in the shotgun. Absolutely mauled ILL a few times with Croft under center for big gains, hopefully we come back to it.

Do you guys think Kirk saw my post at halftime? Four straight carries for at least 7-8 yards each so far for McCrary with Croft under center.

Did Lovie just tell his guy to fall down?

I think he meant he should have gone down when he was injured on the previous play instead of trying to play injured.

I think he meant he should have gone down when he was injured on the previous play instead of trying to play injured.

Interesting then that he went down 2 seconds after Lovie said that

Top Bottom