***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA HOMECOMING IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Uh, oh. McCrary didn't hand the ball to the ref after the TD - he flipped it. He's in trouble now.

The excuses for why we should be as bad as Illinois are comical.

You know why they scored there? They went to the "Be Like Wisconsin" mantra, not "Be Like Indiana" which has been the case for the majority of this year.

Now see, sure you can blame Croft for the game he's had but you could also blame the coaches for not making the adjustment and just using McCrary to bash his way through the rest of the game.

So glad they took the ball out of Croft's hands on that drive and gave it to the guys who have been tearing up the Illinois defense all game. Hate when coaches out think themselves, if a team can't stop the run don't throw it. That was something Mason understood during his time here, you had to stop the run before they would do anything else on offense.

Who is going to be the first to complain that Fleck's fist pump after the TD is not an elite thing for a head coach to do?

Now see, sure you can blame Croft for the game he's had but you could also blame the coaches for not making the adjustment and just using McCrary to bash his way through the rest of the game.

I blame the coaches for not playing McCrary more all season.

I have no clue what we should do at QB next week. Wow, this sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine if they ran that damn play the last 2 drives????? This game should be 27 or 31 to 7. It has been coached this close by Minnesota. And it’s not over yet!

So glad they took the ball out of Croft's hands on that drive and gave it to the guys who have been tearing up the Illinois defense all game. Hate when coaches out think themselves, if a team can't stop the run don't throw it. That was something Mason understood during his time here, you had to stop the run before they would do anything else on offense.

Yup... Once again this coaching staff baffles me.

Who is going to be the first to complain that Fleck's fist pump after the TD is not an elite thing for a head coach to do?

The fist pump doesn't matter. Only the HOW of the fist pump matters.

Funny how the last 3 coaches, Brewster, kill ando now Flect has gone to QB'saying under center power run game instead of shotgun for success.

I think we've seen the last of Rhoda, barring injury. If you're playing for the future you have to go with Croft the rest of the way unless he gets passed up by Green or (more likely) Morgan. If you weren't gonna replace Croft during this dumpster fire today, you're never going to do it.

I think you have to play both like the year started. There’s a reason why it started that way.

At this point I would be tempted to play Green just to see what he can do. I honestly think he couldn't be worse....at least I hope not. Hell at this point pull the redshirt off Morgan and let him learn on the job the way Illinois is letting Thomas play. If they think Morgan has a chance to be the guy next year then get him some reps now so that he can hit the ground running.

Nice play! Gophers can end this game with a win, motivation, and excitement!

And just like that the Gophs close to covering the spread. Bam.

Top Bottom