***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA HOMECOMING IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Yes! They finally got one of those potential turnovers! That should do it....(I think...as a Minnesota fan, you never know).

I think you have to play both like the year started. There’s a reason why it started that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It started that way because they sincerely hoped one of them would step up. Croft forced their hand some by getting in trouble off the field. Bottom line is we have next to nothing at the QB position right now and unfortunately that isn't likely to get better over the course of this season.

At this point I would be tempted to play Green just to see what he can do. I honestly think he couldn't be worse....at least I hope not. Hell at this point pull the redshirt off Morgan and let him learn on the job the way Illinois is letting Thomas play. If they think Morgan has a chance to be the guy next year then get him some reps now so that he can hit the ground running.

You really have to wonder how bad Green is for him to not have had a chance yet. Morgan I can understand if they are dead set on preserving the RS.

Good to be back in the W column. No way in hell we are making a bowl game if we don't get more out of the QB position

You really have to wonder how bad Green is for him to not have had a chance yet. Morgan I can understand if they are dead set on preserving the RS.

Just like we wondered how bad Croft and Rhoda were because they didn't get a chance last year?

While we win this game, I walk away seeing that we are the second worst team in the B1G. Welcome back to a familiar place, Gophers....[emoji24]

Just like we wondered how bad Croft and Rhoda were because they didn't get a chance last year?

Of course your right, but taking away our hope is being a wet blanket.

As much as everyone talks about the differences between the past coaches and the present coach this is basically the same thing we've seen for years. Very strong running game undermined by a poor passing game, strong defensive performance, overall probably enough to beat a team we should beat but leaving you feeling less than confident.

Good thing teams as bad as Illinois are better at finding ways to lose. Gophers need a big turn around from this game to compete the rest of the year.

Time for another defensive touchdown.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think we've seen the last of Rhoda, barring injury. If you're playing for the future you have to go with Croft the rest of the way unless he gets passed up by Green or (more likely) Morgan. If you weren't gonna replace Croft during this dumpster fire today, you're never going to do it.

Yup. They gotta stay with Croft. People make fun of the Fleckism "failing is improving", but Croft has potential and he needs to figure it out. This game against Illinois was a great opportunity to work it out.

The picture is much more clear now: Leidner’s tough and even elusive running was far better than any other QB. He was good at the read option. That opened up runs for the RBs. His passing was poor, but so was everyone else’s. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but he was so much better that our current QBs.

Top Bottom