2018 Indiana Game moved to Friday night

Eh I can deal with it here and there. If this was a regular thing each year I’d probably hate it but once every few years is fine.

Eh I can deal with it here and there. If this was a regular thing each year I’d probably hate it but once every few years is fine.

I kinda feel the same way. The occasional Friday night game will be a fun novelty, but college football is meant to be played on Saturday's.

This likely gets us out of an 11 AM kick, which is nice.

after the HS season, this is totally fine IMO. Might add some spice to an otherwise boring opponent.

Play off time isn't it?

It is, for the large schools in the metro. If all things are equal, this would fall the week after MEA next year, which means that would be first round games for 6A. However, 9-Man through 5A would all play their quarterfinal games on Tuesday the 23rd, and then on Saturday the 26th, so in one way, we're moving off of playoff games for many schools.

Probably as good as this can fall for a Friday night, to be honest.

9Uoz7BH.gif

SATURDAY

Between Week 3/Sept 15 and Week 11/Nov 10 there will be exactly 1 Saturday game at TCF Bank Stadium (Oct 6 vs Iowa).

Yahoo. I was grumbling when I heard my niece will be married that Saturday. I guess Jim D. listened when I suggested a Friday game.
Seems like a decade since I've seen Indiana. [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Between Week 3/Sept 15 and Week 11/Nov 10 there will be exactly 1 Saturday game at TCF Bank Stadium (Oct 6 vs Iowa).

Between Week 3 and Week 11, there will be exactly two games total at home.

It is, for the large schools in the metro. If all things are equal, this would fall the week after MEA next year, which means that would be first round games for 6A. However, 9-Man through 5A would all play their quarterfinal games on Tuesday the 23rd, and then on Saturday the 26th, so in one way, we're moving off of playoff games for many schools.

Probably as good as this can fall for a Friday night, to be honest.

That is true. I’ve actually had to skip Gopher games in the past do to coaching high school football. I didn’t realize Jim D was such a big Minnesota HS football playoff fan!

Has Indiana even played at TCF Bank Stadium yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Play off time isn't it?

Yes, but I believe first round is Tuesday then Saturday of that week, then following week is Friday. It changes a lot, but this year on that date, playoff games are actually Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of right now, according to the MSHSL, there are playoff games scheduled for that Friday - the Class 6A playoffs. If you don't follow MN HS football, that is the largest class for 11-man - the big metro area schools like Eden Prairie and Wayzata.

Section 2 is right about the smaller classes - they go Tuesday - Saturday - Friday for the Section playoffs. But the 6A schools have a different format for their playoffs, so they would be scheduled to play on that Friday. the MSHSL said they would consider possibly moving games to Thursday or Saturday, but said it's possible some games would remain on Friday. It's a year away, so things could change. All I know is that if they have Eden Prairie and the Gophers playing on the same night, Sid will go bonkers.

That is sad.Games were at 1 p.m. at old Memorial Stadium for decades - and no commercials.

I didn't realize we still played in the same conference as Indiana. I thought Colorado St. or Syracuse had taken their place.

As of right now, according to the MSHSL, there are playoff games scheduled for that Friday - the Class 6A playoffs. If you don't follow MN HS football, that is the largest class for 11-man - the big metro area schools like Eden Prairie and Wayzata.

Section 2 is right about the smaller classes - they go Tuesday - Saturday - Friday for the Section playoffs. But the 6A schools have a different format for their playoffs, so they would be scheduled to play on that Friday. the MSHSL said they would consider possibly moving games to Thursday or Saturday, but said it's possible some games would remain on Friday. It's a year away, so things could change. All I know is that if they have Eden Prairie and the Gophers playing on the same night, Sid will go bonkers.

As will the couple of hundred people outside EP in the entire state that give a crap.

I will no longer be able to attend. Combine that with a Thursday night home opener and I’m already out for 2/7 of the home schedule that is a year away.

Top Bottom