Louisville = $39 Million; MN = Apparel

I actually view this as a positive. I don't think we need to be getting money from them. There is less likely to be any corruption when money isn't involved.

Agreed.

Just pointing out the utter fantasy that college sports operate under a level playing field. Been that way forever. Some simply cant admit the obvious, even in the face of an avalanche of evidence.

Agreed.

Just pointing out the utter fantasy that college sports operate under a level playing field. Been that way forever. Some simply cant admit the obvious, even in the face of an avalanche of evidence.

The other part, if I read the article correctly, is that Louisville got less than $1M of it and Pitino got the rest. Big payday for the coach but really not much for the school to use, besides all the apparal.

I'd like to think this is because of our integrity as a program, but I suspect this is more that Nike doesn't think we're worth the investment of their cash. He deftly did NOT say that it was against policy or philosophy to take only apparel and not cash. Would Coyle have taken shoe money to subsidize coaching contracts before the scandal if offered? My guess is yes. A little research on Boeheim's contract at Syracuse might give us a little info but he was there such a short time his finger prints are not likely on his contract.

Top Bottom