Big Ten will protect 3 rivalries

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Home & home every year in basketball.

Illinois-Northwestern
Indiana-Purdue
Michigan-Michigan State

Indiana-Purdue and Michigan-Michigan-Michigan State I totally get, but Illinois-Northwestern? They're in the same state, but that's about it.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This I don't like.

2 of the 3 I totally get, but Illinois-Northwestern? Give me a break. They're in the same state, and that's about it.

Why not just have 1 protected rival for everyone. ...

ILL-NW
IND-PUR
IOWA-NEB
MD-RUT (or PSU)
MICH-MSU
MINN-WIS
OSU-PSU (or MD)

2 of the 3 I totally get, but Illinois-Northwestern? Give me a break. They're in the same state, and that's about it.

ILL-NW
IND-PUR
IOWA-NEB
MD-RUT (or PSU)
MICH-MSU
MINN-WIS
OSU-PSU (or MD)

That makes a lot more sense. NW-Ill is a joke.

ILL-NW
IND-PUR
IOWA-NEB
MD-RUT (or PSU)
MICH-MSU
MINN-WIS
OSU-PSU (or MD)

I'd like that a little better. Having only three (6 teams) smacks of conference royalty.

I'd like that a little better. Having only three (6 teams) smacks of conference royalty.

Agreed. And how does Northwestern qualify as royalty. Why shouldn't every school get one protected. The poison of the overblown conferences.

To be fair, there are also regional rivalries that will be mostly protected (MIN-WIS and MIN-IA most likely to be included) that will play 10 of 12 times in a six-year cycle. I'm ok missing Iowa and Wisconsin once every six years at home and on the road.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

To be fair, there are also regional rivalries that will be mostly protected (MIN-WIS and MIN-IA most likely to be included) that will play 10 of 12 times in a six-year cycle. I'm ok missing Iowa and Wisconsin once every six years at home and on the road.

Not me! :mad:

Screw it then. I want our rival to be the Scarlet Knights. :)

ILL-NW
IND-PUR
IOWA-NEB
MD-RUT (or PSU)
MICH-MSU
MINN-WIS
OSU-PSU (or MD)

+1. Except for OSU/MD and PSU/Rutgers they're all good rivalries.

Top Bottom