we get younger in 2018?

That's every coaches generic process. What makes this generic process different?

Fleck has outlined his culture and focus on all aspects of the student athlete pretty clearly. You may not like it but it's clear he believes in it and it is paying dividends in recruiting.

Fleck has outlined his culture and focus on all aspects of the student athlete pretty clearly. You may not like it but it's clear he believes in it and it is paying dividends in recruiting.
It's not a case of like or dislike. It's a case of receiving platitudes. Focus on mental, physical, emotional and spiritual. (What does that mean?) Perhaps PJ can write a book detailing this process like John Wooden did with his pyramid of success.

It's not a case of like or dislike. It's a case of receiving platitudes. Focus on mental, physical, emotional and spiritual. (What does that mean?) Perhaps PJ can write a book detailing this process like John Wooden did with his pyramid of success.

We're not players or assistant coaches so we don't get to see the details. Do you really feel like you have less visibility to PJ's culture and process than Kill's? Or Claeys? What is Jim Harbaugh's process?

It seems like the PJ haters are latching onto to anything they can to discredit him. He's going to be our coach for several years and is the highest profile coach we've hired in a long-time. It's weird that so many fans have turned on him halfway through season 1.

I understand that. But, this state has been waiting on failed process for 50 years. Perhaps just a bit more detail on how this current process is designed as opposed to all the other ones.

Not even you are enough of a doorknob to actually think coaches lay out a specific timeline or go into detail as to what their plans are for down the road. It's coach-speak but this particular one (and the way he was hired) grates on you so you keep on bitching and whining. Thank you for your service though for speaking up in behalf of the entire state.

I understand that. But, this state has been waiting on failed process for 50 years. Perhaps just a bit more detail on how this current process is designed as opposed to all the other ones.
We're a lot younger now than 50 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We're not players or assistant coaches so we don't get to see the details. Do you really feel like you have less visibility to PJ's culture and process than Kill's? Or Claeys? What is Jim Harbaugh's process?

It seems like the PJ haters are latching onto to anything they can to discredit him. He's going to be our coach for several years and is the highest profile coach we've hired in a long-time. It's weird that so many fans have turned on him halfway through season 1.
No, but I would personally rather have him bottle it up and just do it rather than throw out meaningless platitudes along the way.
If a person is going to say something then detail what you say. I, personally, would like details or silence, but not empty platitudes.

No, but I would personally rather have him bottle it up and just do it rather than throw out meaningless platitudes along the way.
If a person is going to say something then detail what you say. I, personally, would like details or silence, but not empty platitudes.

He's the head coach and you aren't. He doesn't have to please you and communicate things just as you'd like. You better learn to deal with it.

He will ultimately be judged by wins and losses. Just like everyone.

He's the head coach and you aren't. He doesn't have to please you and communicate things just as you'd like. You better learn to deal with it.

He will ultimately be judged by wins and losses. Just like everyone.

The first and second sentence are true. The third is proven false every day in the newspaper and in the GH. [emoji41]
The second paragraph is obvious.

The first and second sentence are true. The third is proven false every day in the newspaper and in the GH. [emoji41]
The second paragraph is obvious.

Here’s a hint that’s worked for me for years: if you don’t like a coach, you don’t have to listen to him. You are free to just watch the games.

Here’s a hint that’s worked for me for years: if you don’t like a coach, you don’t have to listen to him. You are free to just watch the games.
I don't have to listen to you either, but I still do. [emoji41] You are free to just watch the games. (I didn't know this was a site for only the contented. Have you informed the multitudes of this requirement? [emoji28])

Fleck is doing the same exact thing Kill did the first year he came here. Tampering expectations. Of course, Kill's first year he went 3-9 losing to New Mexico State and NDSU in the process and we heard a lot of the same complaining from fans.

You are right. It's working for me. I miss following the gameday weeks as much as I used to (pressers, coach shows, etc.), but it beats throwing up in my mouth everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point I was trying to make earlier - shortened and hopefully simplified:

Fleck MIGHT become a good coach - maybe even a great coach at the B1G level. But, he might not. It's too early to tell if he will be a success - and it's also too early to tell if he will be a failure.

I see people on this board making very direct statements that Fleck will be a success. That is not a fact - it's an opinion. It's a prediction.

OK, fine - you think Fleck is going to be a success. You have every right to that opinion. But, you have to understand that other people might not agree with you. Other people might have a different opinion.

That does not mean that one person is "right" and the other person is "wrong." It means that each person has an opinion, and we don't have enough evidence yet to evaluate the merit of those opinions.

Same thing with the people who keep saying Fleck is going to bring in better recruiting classes. It hasn't happened yet. It might happen. It might not. So stating that Fleck WILL bring in better classes is an opinion.

The Fleck fans get upset when people express negative thoughts/opinions about Fleck. But what they offer in return are more opinions. Not facts. There is a difference. (I think)

Quite a distinction between turning on the coach and asking questions/pointing out inconsistencies. But you know that.

Fleck is doing the same exact thing Kill did the first year he came here. Tampering expectations. Of course, Kill's first year he went 3-9 losing to New Mexico State and NDSU in the process and we heard a lot of the same complaining from fans.

Right - but Kill inherited a program in disarray and one coming off a 3-win season that probably should've been a 1-win season. Fleck inherited a program in great shape and coming off a 9-win season. We should be 5-1 (at worst) right now. I don't know the purpose of comparing the two, because the only similarity is that they happened to occur at the same school.

Right - but Kill inherited a program in disarray and one coming off a 3-win season that probably should've been a 1-win season. Fleck inherited a program in great shape and coming off a 9-win season. We should be 5-1 (at worst) right now. I don't know the purpose of comparing the two, because the only similarity is that they happened to occur at the same school.

First year, implementing their systems and prior coach had a winning season. More similarities than some people acknowledge.

Younger next year? Ughh... Wake me up in two years.

First year, implementing their systems and prior coach had a winning season. More similarities than some people acknowledge.

Prior coach had a winning season? What the hell are you talking about?

You are right. It's working for me. I miss following the gameday weeks as much as I used to (pressers, coach shows, etc.), but it beats throwing up in my mouth everyday.

Do the rest of us have to constantly hear about how much you dislike the current staff? They are going to be here for a while.

I think he is referring to Brew’s 2008 season, but yeah I don’t follow the logic either.

I do think PJ will be successful here long term, but this season has sucked.

Do the rest of us have to constantly hear about how much you dislike the current staff? They are going to be here for a while.

I responded to a post. As long as the topic is discussed on here, I will include myself. Don't like it? Ignore me. Pretty simple.

I responded to a post. As long as the topic is discussed on here, I will include myself. Don't like it? Ignore me. Pretty simple.

You can post mostly whatever you like, but I will keep calling you out on the constant negativity.

Both Kill and Fleck took over teams that had a winning record the prior year. Sorry you did not understand what the hell I was saying.

Both Kill and Fleck took over teams that had a winning record the prior year. Sorry you did not understand what the hell I was saying.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Kill took over a team that went 3-9 the previous year.

I don't understand what the hell you're saying because that is an unbelievably incorrect statement.

Fleck's recruiting class has now fallen to 33. Will he be in the top 60 by signing day?

yes. probably mid 40s. An upgrade, yes, but certainly a long way to go to get into the top 5 of the big ten. He isn't going to out recruit the big ten in his second year, like he did in the MAC. Given the current coaching staff, that will be a huge problem for his "system"

Please let me know what company you are a cfo of so that I can make sure it's not in my portfolio.

What the...ignore everything posted the last 24 hours. Account hacked.

Top Bottom