Forecast for Saturday

Let's hope it does just pass through in the morning. At least it won't be in the 40s.

We have our outdoor on campus stadium. It is what it is. Yes I would like a nice day, but show up and enjoy Big10 football

The chance of precipitation peaks during the morning (8 and 9 am), then lowers to 60% until 3. Then hovers between 40 and 50% until 8pm. Not a lot of rain predicted though, biggest factor will probably be the lightning, again.

The chance of precipitation peaks during the morning (8 and 9 am), then lowers to 60% until 3. Then hovers between 40 and 50% until 8pm. Not a lot of rain predicted though, biggest factor will probably be the lightning, again.

I found this real-time lightning tracking site before the last game. Here's the link:

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang...=;n=0;y=43.9525;x=-89.4922;z=6;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

It provides a very good idea if weather coming in has an electrical bite to it beyond the electricity in the stadium from a Gophers win...

Also, we now know the UM's lightning tolerance is 15 miles and not just the 8 miles provided in the NCAA rules (thanks again Josh). Hopefully nothing until after 6 PM...the game should be done by then.

I found this real-time lightning tracking site before the last game. Here's the link:

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang...=;n=0;y=43.9525;x=-89.4922;z=6;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

It provides a very good idea if weather coming in has an electrical bite to it beyond the electricity in the stadium from a Gophers win...

Also, we now know the UM's lightning tolerance is 15 miles and not just the 8 miles provided in the NCAA rules (thanks again Josh). Hopefully nothing until after 6 PM...the game should be done by then.
I wonder if this is due to us being so close to the city? Or is it a state rule? Or just the U being extra safe?

My guess is being cautious a la extra safe. In theory this would apply to all outdoor activities...softball, baseball, etc.

I'm still surprised that someone from the U didn't stop the U2 show in 2011 which went on for nearly 2 hours in a lightning storm, and likewise I'm surprised no one got zapped that night.

That may be why they've been so trigger happy since then.

I blame Gopherweatherguy and his geostorm machine.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

I'm still surprised that someone from the U didn't stop the U2 show in 2011 which went on for nearly 2 hours in a lightning storm, and likewise I'm surprised no one got zapped that night.

That may be why they've been so trigger happy since then.

I've heard this was one of the most epic outdoor concerts in quite some time. Disappointed I missed it.

My app says rain should stop at 11:30 and then stay away until between 5-6.

My app says rain should stop at 11:30 and then stay away until between 5-6.

hopefully 6.. but the line that is suppose to move through at that time looks like it will be fast moving and weaker than they were predicting a few days ago.

hopefully 6.. but the line that is suppose to move through at that time looks like it will be fast moving and weaker than they were predicting a few days ago.

I agree with the line looking pretty weak. Can't rule out an isolated storm popping up, but most of the game should be fine.

I agree with the line looking pretty weak. Can't rule out an isolated storm popping up, but most of the game should be fine.

I only mentioned that for the chance of delay. The weaker that line the less chance of lightning. I don't mind the rain, I don't want to leave the stands for a delay.

Top Bottom