Badgers lose Top 40 in-state recruit and class-less UW fans freak out

Stan

Reaction score
This kid is one of the top recruits UW has had in years, an in-state guy who has been committed for a long time and he decommitted last night. Their message board and Twitter responses from UW fans are about as classless as one would expect from their fans.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Frank Kaminsky tweeted #soft

"Class-less UW fans," you say. Isn't that grossly redundant?

Pretty sure we'd be freaking out too. It's a huge loss for them.

Herro is a top 40 player, in state for them, and has been committed for like a year. Basically it's like if Oturu had decommitted from us, which would have been disastrous.

Pretty sure we'd be freaking out too. It's a huge loss for them.

Herro is a top 40 player, in state for them, and has been committed for like a year. Basically it's like if Oturu had decommitted from us, which would have been disastrous.

The difference is that apparently some believe that Gopher fans wouldn't react the same way. It's just laughable. Even when we get a commitment who actually comes and plays for us, there are folks on this board who criticize the player or talent they bring.

Believe me, this decommitment put a huge smile on my face as a Gopher fan, but don't think there wouldn't be fans that would react the same way here.

The difference is that apparently some believe that Gopher fans wouldn't react the same way. It's just laughable. Even when we get a commitment who actually comes and plays for us, there are folks on this board who criticize the player or talent they bring.

Believe me, this decommitment put a huge smile on my face as a Gopher fan, but don't think there wouldn't be fans that would react the same way here.

As a gopher fan, i will say that im pretty sure we would have a meltdown too! Im sure most fans of their team no matter what team it is would also have a meltdown. The one thing for me that stands out though is can we say that if oturo decommits, will a bunch of our ex-players start ripping him on twitter?

Every fanbase has it's loons

When you have former badger whose somewhat famous tweeting #soft it elevates the troll job over a decision by HS kid

Thought this article from a Marquette Web Site was pretty funny: Frank Kaminsky Should Probably Delete His Twitter Account

https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2017...witter-charlotte-hornets-detroit-pistons-soft

"Imagine sitting on the verge of starting your third season in the NBA and still finding time to take cheap shots at 17 year old high school players who decided that they didn’t want to attend the college that you did.

Because that’s what happened."

"Well, I’m sure that Frank had a good game, because it would look REALLY REALLY BAD if he called a 17 year old kid soft and then turned around and stunk out the joint the next night."

"Say it ain’t so, Frank! 24 hours after taking cheap shots at a 17 year old, you went ONE FOR NINE from the field, including missing ALL FIVE of your three-point attempts? 4/4/2 on the night in 23 minutes, and a -6? Oh, man, Frank, that’s really bad.

You might even say that’s a down-pillow-soft level performance from someone who got paid $34,000 to stink that badly."

I thought it was funny, but honestly, I get a bit salty when recruits turn the Gophers down, or wriggle out of commitments, so I'd probably be the same way. Just not directing it at the kid on twitter.

Fans calling him out is one thing. Not a good thing, but at least somewhat understandable.

Former players doing it is another. If anyone should understand Herro's possible motivations, you would think it would people who went through the same process.

It was a jackass move by Kaminsky, no question.

I’d be unhappy if this happened to the Gophers but to blast a kid on Twitter? Seems very Sconny to me

I think Vander Blue did something similar a few years back. Bo had him committed to UW and Blue backed out, then went to Marquette. I think Blue was a Madison kid so his family is probably still there.

It’s only happened a short 2 years ago when they went off on diamond stone.

It’s only happened a short 2 years ago when they went off on diamond stone.

I don’t think Stone ever committed though. Badger fans are bad form and alumni appear to be bad too, but piss o meter has to get a lot higher when the guy has already committed.

Frank Kaminsky needs a social media adviser. What an idiot.Yikes.

I don’t think Stone ever committed though. Badger fans are bad form and alumni appear to be bad too, but piss o meter has to get a lot higher when the guy has already committed.

Frank Kaminsky needs a social media adviser. What an idiot.Yikes.
No he didn’t. I’m just saying this isn’t out of character for my hometown brethren.

Happens to most schools. I have a tough time getting amused by this because I would be very disappointed if a similar circumstance happened to the Gophers

Happens to most schools. I have a tough time getting amused by this because I would be very disappointed if a similar circumstance happened to the Gophers

In the same vein, it's why most Gopher fans find it difficult to get excited about recruits such as Tre Jones and now Michael Hurt. It's incredibly difficult for a top twenty guy to pass up offers from the blue bloods (as we all well know). I think it's much safer to target the 50+ guys who are less of a priority for the name brand schools.

All things being equal, I still love seeing this happen to the Badgers, they could stand to get knocked down a peg or two

GHF

We would all be disappointed, but not nearly as many of us would go off on a kid on Twitter for not choosing the Gophers (or even backing out of a commitment). I'd like to think none of us would, but that would be too much.

I never understood the Stone hate. Didn't think he seriously considered Wisconsin

Any chance Pitino makes a run at this guy?

I doubt it. If he is leaving a school like Wisconsin and their recent success it isn't to come to MN. He has his heart set on playing for one of the big boys.

Any chance Pitino makes a run at this guy?

Nope.

Although it would be the ultimate troll job by Herro. He want's a bigger fish than Wisconsin, and uhh....that's not us

Top Bottom