True freshman cornerback Justus Harris will play vs. Illinois

I don't see the huge difference in playing Harris for 5 snaps against 2 bad teams. Try to retain the redshirt if you can, if you can no longer retain, you play them going forward and give them lots of snaps. Seems like a weird thing to get upset about.

Durr never should have stepped on the field at Purdue. The coaches had to know or should have known that. That decision , and the long gainer he gave up destroyed most of whatever chance we had. I may be alone here but Ws are important to fight for, for the team and fans.

I don't know if hindsight was necessary. Fleck reminded us frequently before the season ever started how razor thin we were in the secondary (and OL). He was hoping everything would go perfectly, and it didn't.

losing 2 starters to season ending injuries, plus your senior leader to suspension, plus Durr not recovering as hoped, plus Kiondre getting injured isn't anywhere near "perfectly". That's some bad luck. 3 corners and 2 safeties. I think you're overselling your case.

Durr never should have stepped on the field at Purdue. The coaches had to know or should have known that. That decision , and the long gainer he gave up destroyed most of whatever chance we had. I may be alone here but Ws are important to fight for, for the team and fans.

This I agree with. Pretty obvious during camp that his limp was too pronounced, something doesn't seem right, and these seem to be cases where guys need additional surgery to clean it up. Is there an ortho who posts here? Curious to hear their thoughts.

I doubt if you'll see posts from people during the game saying, "PLEASE BURN REDSHIRTS NOW!" If anyone knows how to actually find something on this site using the search, which I don't, you could probably find a thread about who the impact freshmen would be, and you'll see the names of a few d-backs. Not necessarily because they were our best recruits, but because we're so thin in the secondary.

Nobody thinks we should be playing more freshmen linebackers or running backs. Not many think we should be playing Morgan, freshmen offensive linemen or anymore defensive linemen. But many assumed from the beginning we'd see a few freshmen playing in the secondary. We simply lacked numbers and talent after the incident last year.
The only freshman db that looked ready physically was Handy-Holly. How much does Harris weigh? 170? How about Estes? 160

I just am amused at the Monday morning QBs now saying "Well, that's fine, but we should have played Harris or someone else earlier. Got them some experience, so they are not in shock. Should have done it, because there was a chance one of the true freshman would play." Give me a break.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

I don't know if hindsight was necessary. Fleck reminded us frequently before the season ever started how razor thin we were in the secondary (and OL). He was hoping everything would go perfectly, and it didn't.

It didn't have to go perfectly. We could have lost one guy and we wouldn't have needed to pull his redshirt. It became an issue when we lost 3 guys and Durr didn't recover in time to start the year.

Top Bottom