Where are you on the boat? The "Poseidon Adventure" Edition

Where are you on the boat?

• Captain - "I'm steering this thing despite that massive wave!"

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • First Class - "There is plenty of booze in here to watch that glass ceiling fall in!"

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Hopeful Dreamer - "I think I can make it to the hull and use a torch to cut my way out to sunlight!"

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Hopeless Dreamer - "It ain't over till the fat lady sings!" "Dude, she just drowned."

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Bailing out - "I think I see a badger flag and the end of this tunnel!"

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • On Shore - "Sailing through The Bermuda Triangle of Maryland, Purdue and MSU is too much for me!"

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
Despite Demry Croft's late heroics, which came after I turned the game off. We are still winless in B1G play with Illinois up next after the Illini seemingly became the first B1G team to lose to Rutgers in any sport.

Where are you riding now?

Still in the boat. I think there is still a glimmer of hope for a bowl game after watching Croft in the 4th QTR but need some injuries to heal up (Winfield) and Offense to progress each week.

I think this is the most likely route to bowl season if we get there:

Illinois-W
Iowa-L
Michigan-L
Nebraska-W
Northwestern-W
Wisconsin-L

6-6 (3-6 in B1G) regular season with a birth to a bottom tier bowl

The axe is coming home.

This is a team that's on the cusp of total buy in and total break out.

I'm only more optimistic with each game.

All in, 100%. Demry Croft will give these next 6 teams fits and we will get to 6 wins.
Two words: Fresh Legs.

All in, 100%. Demry Croft will give these next 6 teams fits and we will get to 6 wins.
Two words: Fresh Legs.

This happens and we better see a “Love Boat” edition - with extra Charo. I like the way you think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely in the boat. However, feel like we are rowing across Lake Superior instead of Lake Harriet.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

I'm in the Fat Lady category!

Cause the Fat Lady can't sing if she's dead! Which means hope springs eternal!

I'm putting all my chips on Croft turning the offense around.

Still in the boat! Life jacket still on. If we lose Saturday I may need a snorkel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The dreaded votes of confidence.

This team can and should win at least a few more games. I want the pig, I want Wildcat hides, some Husker tears, and a Wisconsin upset to ruin their CFP push. Michigan is vulnerable.

I'm hunting the Kraken.

This season probably isn't going to be a big success overall and will probably top out at a minor, APR-aided bowl berth. But there's still some opportunities to have a big Saturday or two and give the Seniors some fun memories and get everyone fired up going into the offseason. This team is decent enough that they can pull a big upset and I'm hoping for that more than grinding out a couple wins against lower teams.

I'm hunting the Kraken.

This season probably isn't going to be a big success overall and will probably top out at a minor, APR-aided bowl berth. But there's still some opportunities to have a big Saturday or two and give the Seniors some fun memories and get everyone fired up going into the offseason. This team is decent enough that they can pull a big upset and I'm hoping for that more than grinding out a couple wins against lower teams.
Good take! I've got a couple snipe in my neck of the woods that you could hunt....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Don't always agree with Coach Fleck.. But as for me and my house we shall serve the lord... And we're rowing the boat 5 strong.

Huh, what? Sorry I passed out from the whiskey on the boat. The liquor is still available, I am still here.

I'm rowing, but this boat is filled with water. PJ said that if you row a little faster, it will create a suction and will suck the water out of the boat. Just make sure you pull the plug first!..... Row mother fu@kers, Row!

Top Bottom