Carter Coughlin, Donnell Green: Trust the process

I wouldn’t say he was pouting though, I’d say he was trying to spin a negative into a positive.

I think negative media and fans can absolutely have an impact on recruiting. Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On point 1.... This is not the first time PJ has "joked" when the media doesn't fall in line. It is pouting. It bothers him.

On point 2.... You could be right. I don't see it, but have no experience - just my gut feeling.

Winning programs that get people into the NFL will attract recruits. When PJ starts overperforming the media and casual fans will jump on board. It's wasted energy to fight the he crowd. Get better.

“It’s a painful process right now that we’re going through here at the University of Minnesota. In the process of doing the things that we want to do, of changing our style of football and doing the things we’re doing, you know, it’s a painful process, but it’s one in which we believe one hundred percent we’re going to get to where we want to go.”

I'd love a list of which teams we can even hope to compete against with the talent here such a disaster.

This year? Talent alone, Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, Northwestern and Indiana and only 2 of those are left on our schedule and 2 we did not play.

See, that was easy.

Although, not sure how you got so far off the topic of the original poster. I know you are sensitive about that.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

No no no, they lost and recruiting rankings. . . so less talent.

I get it, last year we beat Maryland so you can ignore the recruiting rankings. . . we had more talent.

How is this complicated?

It's not complicated. The teams with more talent win the majority of the time, but not every time.

When looking at the B1G head to head this year, it's 18-4 in favor of the teams with more talent based on recruiting rankings.

Yet the usual suspects on this board continue to defy simple statistics and logic and continue to argue against this.

It's not complicated. The teams with more talent win the majority of the time, but not every time.

When looking at the B1G head to head this year, it's 18-4 in favor of the teams with more talent based on recruiting rankings.

Yet the usual suspects on this board continue to defy simple statistics and logic and continue to argue against this.

Curious to know has that been the same every year or is it an anomaly this year?

This year? Talent alone, Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, Northwestern and Indiana and only 2 of those are left on our schedule and 2 we did not play.

See, that was easy.

Although, not sure how you got so far off the topic of the original poster. I know you are sensitive about that.

Well, You can think that if you want, but I'll take the word of Jim Tressel and other coaches. Didn't you even watch the show?

I'd love a list of which teams we can even hope to compete against with the talent here such a disaster.

The list of "teams we can even hope to compete against with the talent here" is a lot larger than the list of teams we should expect to beat with the talent here. Fair to say we have been competitive in all 3 B1G games no?

The blind, whining supporters of both the new regime and the old one are making this site unreadable.

and I can foresee the most obnoxious of them posting along the lines of "mewl, mewl, mewl, well if you don't like it, don't read it"

I like Gopher football and many of you seem to be intelligent and knowledgeable, but this constant pussified bickering has really begun to drown out the thoughtful analysis and insight sprinkled herein.

And please don't be a child and say the other side started it.

I get and accept that people are entitled to their opinions about Fleck and/or his methods, but SHAME on any person claiming to be a fan who would denigrate the players for believing in their team and each other. What a horrid position to take and awful message to send to a team who counts on people in the stands having their backs.

The blind, whining supporters of both the new regime and the old one are making this site unreadable.

and I can foresee the most obnoxious of them posting along the lines of "mewl, mewl, mewl, well if you don't like it, don't read it"

I like Gopher football and many of you seem to be intelligent and knowledgeable, but this constant pussified bickering has really begun to drown out the thoughtful analysis and insight sprinkled herein.

And please don't be a child and say the other side started it.
You're so sexist. [emoji6] [emoji14] [emoji41]

Well, You can think that if you want, but I'll take the word of Jim Tressel and other coaches. Didn't you even watch the show?

Well, you asked based on talent, so....
Interesting that you never gave a list.

Well, you asked based on talent, so....
Interesting that you never gave a list.

I asked for a list - as in I didn't have one.
Not really a tack, are you?

1. PJ may not want to pout if the media is hard on him.

2. The media being hard on him should have zero effect on his recruiting.

A long time ago I heard Lucia talk about how all the media coverage here was a recruiting positive as for his players that aspired to be in the NHL. It was great practice for doing interviews, etc. Just win PJ and the media will be nicer. It's that simple.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

I asked for a list - as in I didn't have one.
Not really a tack, are you?

Hahaha. Classic deflection and name calling. I guess I am not allowed to ask for your list. You win.

Hahaha. Classic deflection and name calling. I guess I am not allowed to ask for your list. You win.

You still don't get it. Seriously man, you make no sense at all. Good Bye.

Top Bottom