Carter Coughlin, Donnell Green: Trust the process

The "process." That's a bunch of crap, IMO.

Blame the previous coach, the lack of talent, whatever you want. But, coming out after 3 losses (not OK ones, IMO, including a down Michigan St squad that shouldn't be ranked) and making it sound like this is all part of the plan is ridiculous. There is enough talent on this team to be 4-2, at minimum right now. What happens in the future is inconsequential to me at this point (you know, death, plague, asteroids, etc)

So 3-3 compared to 4-2 has your panties that bunched up? Get a grip.

The "process." That's a bunch of crap, IMO.

Blame the previous coach, the lack of talent, whatever you want. But, coming out after 3 losses (not OK ones, IMO, including a down Michigan St squad that shouldn't be ranked) and making it sound like this is all part of the plan is ridiculous. There is enough talent on this team to be 4-2, at minimum right now. What happens in the future is inconsequential to me at this point (you know, death, plague, asteroids, etc).

If this team misses a bowl, nobody on this staff deserves a pass. Coaches have done more with less here within the past 5 years. A "down year" after a 9-win campaign is one thing. Winning 4 games and losing to Purdue, Maryland, etc is another all together.

Based on what? Their lone loss to Notre Dame, or their win over Michigan?

So 3-3 compared to 4-2 has your panties that bunched up? Get a grip.

For me, the difference between 4-2 and 3-3 right now is huge, because it might be the difference between a bowl game and not - sad as that is to say.

I'm sure the players do support PJ. They didn't have to send these tweets and I think it's encouraging that our players are "all in", or at least they appear to be.

I think we're better than a 3-3 team but I also can't really blame PJ for sitting Demry. If Demry plays against Purdue/Maryland, I think we win at least one of those games.

Some kids tweet some nice stuff and some folks gotta spin it into some BS.

GspL5p8.gif

I don't know MI enough to wager in on that. Show me a position or position group where we have better players than MSU?

I'd love a list of which teams we can even hope to compete against with the talent here such a disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All we have heard from the flecksters is the lack of talent that has lead to the losses. Correct?

The team with better will win more times than not. Not sure anyone with a brain can dispute that.

The team with better will win more times than not. Not sure anyone with a brain can dispute that.

And there can be no dispute MN has equal talent to Purdue and Maryland. Which leads to the losses to each of them.....anyone with a brain..........

And there can be no dispute MN has equal talent to Purdue and Maryland. Which leads to the losses to each of them.....anyone with a brain..........

No no no, they lost and recruiting rankings. . . so less talent.

I get it, last year we beat Maryland so you can ignore the recruiting rankings. . . we had more talent.

How is this complicated?

No no no, they lost and recruiting rankings. . . so less talent.

I get it, last year we beat Maryland so you can ignore the recruiting rankings. . . we had more talent.

How is this complicated?

Nice strawman

Slightly off topic, but in the same realm; I thought it was interesting what PJ said at the beginning of one of his recent pressers. He expressed gratitude to the local media for showing his players how the media will be when and if they turn pro. That was obviously PJ putting a positive spin on how negative the fans and media here are. I never understood how a team with a success track record like the gophers can have a media and fan base so demanding and negative overall. I’d imagine that makes it harder for a guy like PJ to recruit when that sort of culture persists. It can still happen, it’s just gonna take more time for it to happen.

Michigan St have better players on the field when they beat Michigan?

Please go take a course in logic, high school algebra or something so you can stop embarrassing yourself with your scatter beam of reasoning.

Slightly off topic, but in the same realm; I thought it was interesting what PJ said at the beginning of one of his recent pressers. He expressed gratitude to the local media for showing his players how the media will be when and if they turn pro. That was obviously PJ putting a positive spin on how negative the fans and media here are. I never understood how a team with a success track record like the gophers can have a media and fan base so demanding and negative overall. I’d imagine that makes it harder for a guy like PJ to recruit when that sort of culture persists. It can still happen, it’s just gonna take more time for it to happen.

1. PJ may not want to pout if the media is hard on him.

2. The media being hard on him should have zero effect on his recruiting.

1. PJ may not want to pout if the media is hard on him.

2. The media being hard on him should have zero effect on his recruiting.

I wouldn’t say he was pouting though, I’d say he was trying to spin a negative into a positive.

I think negative media and fans can absolutely have an impact on recruiting. Just my opinion of course.

It doesn't just happen here, go to any Pro sports town and it is the same type of thing. Most colleges,
are not in pro sports towns, therefore they are more shielded from the negativity.

It doesn't just happen here, go to any Pro sports town and it is the same type of thing. Most colleges,
are not in pro sports towns, therefore they are more shielded from the negativity.

Boston is pretty notorious for their mopey media.

In 2014 they had a bunch of oh woe is us articles about how the club was now doomed to suck for years.... not that they won a bunch of world series or anything....

Please go take a course in logic, high school algebra or something so you can stop embarrassing yourself with your scatter beam of reasoning.

Dont like the same logic 180'ed, eh?

Get over yourself.

Top Bottom