Sid Hartman: Gophers lack offense

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Gophers lack offense

Former Gophers football coach Glen Mason observed the Gophers’ 30-27 loss to Michigan State on Saturday while doing color commentary for the Big Ten Network, and even he couldn’t quite explain how the Gophers got shut down for three quarters and then caught fire to nearly complete a miracle comeback.

“It was really becoming very lopsided [in the third quarter] and then I guess if you’re Mark Dantonio, the Michigan State coach, you’d say, ‘I don’t know what happened to our defense,’ ” Mason said. “But you’ve got to credit Minnesota’s offense. [The Spartans] just couldn’t get stops, couldn’t get off the field and [the Gophers] made a lot of third-down plays to eventually score.”

The Gophers managed only 129 yards through the first three quarters. But quarterback Demry Croft sparked the offense in the fourth quarter, gaining 161 yards on three scoring drives.

“I think Tyler Johnson, the sophomore from Minneapolis North High School, had an unbelievable day,” Mason said of the wide receiver who had eight catches for 106 yards and three TDs. “Mark Williams, another unheralded wide receiver, came about. Demry Croft, the backup quarterback, was suspended for a few weeks and everybody was longing to see him, he came in and made a lot of plays. I’m not the coach, but I would guess we’ll see Demry Croft as the quarterback next week against Illinois.”

http://www.startribune.com/with-aaron-rodgers-out-vikings-defense-sticks-to-plan/451027733/

Go Gophers!!

Croft and his ability to create when nothing is there, will help the lack of offense.

we have no offense because we have been trotting out a QB who cant run the RPO. I am glad to see that possibly change.

Top Bottom