STrib: Demry Croft or Conor Rhoda? P.J. Fleck keeps everyone guessing on Gophers QB

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

Want to know who will start at quarterback for the Gophers in their homecoming game Saturday against Illinois?

You’re going to have to wait.

Gophers coach P.J. Fleck on Monday would not reveal who would start under center, Demry Croft or Conor Rhoda.

“I’m still thinking [it] through today,” Fleck said. “I won’t announce that. I’m going to keep that in house.”

A Rockford, Ill., native, Croft completed 11 of 20 passes for 163 yards and the three TDs with one interception. He was particularly strong in the fourth quarter, going 8-for-14 for 131 yards. In addition, he gave the Gophers a needed run threat at QB by rushing seven times for 31 yards, including a long of 20.

“He’s shown in the last two weeks that he can mature and can grow up,” Fleck said of Croft. “I’m proud of the effort and progress he’s made.”

Croft was happy to be back on the playing field.

“It’s a blessed feeling to be out there with the guys and just keep rowing the boat and seeing the smile on everybody’s faces,” he said Saturday.

http://www.startribune.com/demry-cr...ps-everyone-guessing-on-gophers-qb/451125693/

Go Gophers!!

I would hope there is no reason to guess at this point.

Top Bottom