Superbowl LII - a marketing bonanza for Gophersports?

hungan1

Reaction score
When Superbowl LII rolls into town in February 2018, this event can be a marketing bonanza for Gophersports.

Gopher Football in particular. I am wondering if Gopher Athletics is planning on seizing this opportunity for an advertising bonanza being the hometown D1 school.

We have to figure out a way to nudge prospective national recruits' perception about the Twin Cities.

Hopefully, we don't have commercials touting how the Twin Cities is the coldest major metro area in the country and show commercials of Interstate Batteries at International Falls, or some foul mouth NFL commentators dishing the Twin Cities.

Let's hope and pray we don't have a very cold below zero or blizzard weather during the Superbowl week! All the Gophers commercials will be dampen. It will be the equivalent of a memorable turkey pardon.

Little to no impact on Gophersports and wtf does a Sarah Palin video have to do with anything?

Have a little levity, it is purely sarcasm.

When Superbowl LII rolls into town in February 2018, this event can be a marketing bonanza for Gophersports.

Gopher Football in particular. I am wondering if Gopher Athletics is planning on seizing this opportunity for an advertising bonanza being the hometown D1 school.

We have to figure out a way to nudge prospective national recruits' perception about the Twin Cities.

Hopefully, we don't have commercials touting how the Twin Cities is the coldest major metro area in the country and show commercials of Interstate Batteries at International Falls, or some foul mouth NFL commentators dishing the Twin Cities.

Let's hope and pray we don't have a very cold below zero or blizzard weather during the Superbowl week! All the Gophers commercials will be dampen. It will be the equivalent of a memorable turkey pardon.

Ha! I use that as an example of epic failure as well. Funny stuff!

Not to be a Richard, but what exactly would the U be getting by spending marketing dollars? Are you hoping some out of town reporter is going to send his/her kids there?

I don't recall a local university associated with a Super Bowl... ever?

Won't one of the teams be practicing in our new facility? That will be great exposure.

Let's hope and pray we don't have a very cold below zero or blizzard weather during the Superbowl week! All the Gophers commercials will be dampen. It will be the equivalent of a memorable turkey pardon. [video=youtube;Qv8k1g4taL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=Qv8k1g4taL4[/video]

Might go down as one of the worst forum ideas this century. Sorry, the Super Bowl doesn't interest me. If I am going to spend a thousand dollars for a ticket, I want to be entertained.

Doubt the Gophers get any publicity out of it. Will be great exposure for Minneapolis, hopefully it can shine in the spotlight. The most underrated city in America

Won't one of the teams be practicing in our new facility? That will be great exposure.

If so, I can imagine it will be mentioned, 1 sentence, maybe 2. Not a lot will come from it.

I don't, but I also haven't been shopping for a college to play football at. It can't hurt for there to be interviews and coverage at the facility and have them mention that it's our brand new beautiful state of the art athletes village.

Goodness gracious...you guys seem to be forgetting who coaches the Gopher football team. I doubt he chooses this time to recruit in Florida. I'm guessing he'll get us media exposure. Recruiting, recruiting is all he does.

Not sure how much it will actually occur during the game, but Super Bowl week is usually a time where there's a lot of media set up in the city holding the event. Certainly wouldn't hurt to try and get the name out there. Even if it's an opportunity where Fleck gets an interview on a big talk show that's set up in the Twin Cities.

Not to be a Richard, but what exactly would the U be getting by spending marketing dollars? Are you hoping some out of town reporter is going to send his/her kids there?

They don't necessarily have to spend a ton of money. We've got Fleckism. OKay, maybe a couple of billboards. But, the rest of the coverage will be about the visiting team practicing at the Gophers facility. This is a chance to showcase the brand spanking new Athletic Village. The grand opening is scheduled for January 2018, and the Superbowl is on February 4!

The timing couldn't be any better. There will be national media exposure which is huge.

Might go down as one of the worst forum ideas this century. Sorry, the Super Bowl doesn't interest me. If I am going to spend a thousand dollars for a ticket, I want to be entertained.

Total niche event. Only hipsters watch it.

SMDH

Goodness gracious...you guys seem to be forgetting who coaches the Gopher football team. I doubt he chooses this time to recruit in Florida. I'm guessing he'll get us media exposure. Recruiting, recruiting is all he does.

This

Fleck will be the halftime entertainment. It would be the first time I cared about the halftime show since Prince performed.

Top Bottom