Predict number of regular season wins in the year 2020

Predict number of regular season wins in the year 2020

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
13, with a margin for error of 4.....

2019 is the magic year for Fleck. Winfield(pending RS maybe junior), Coughlin, Johnson, etc are seniors and the schedule looks as easy as it can get. Either a senior Croft or a seasoned recruit at QB.

If he can’t win 9 or 10 in that season I doubt he ever will.

6 wins. All these years of Gopher football have conditioned me for this.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

We would be bowl eligible today if TC hadn't been fired.

Not only bowl eligible today if TC was still the coach I don’t see a loss on the remainder of the schedule.

Not only bowl eligible today if TC was still the coach I don’t see a loss on the remainder of the schedule.

We'd be Rose Bowl bound if Claeys didn't get fired. Probably would have 0 points allowed at this point in the season as well.

Realistically, Fleck keeps saying "we'll be younger next year." Unless he brings in a raft of 4* and 5* players who can walk right in and start, there are going to be more growing pains.

I would put it this way:
2017: 5 wins
2018: 6 wins
2019: 7-8 wins
2020: 8-9 wins.

If the Gophers do not win 8 or 9 games by 2020, then things could get really ugly. Coyle will have some tough choices to make. (unless Coyle is out the door 1st - and we get the "new AD wants his own guy" routine going again.

If we only win 5 next year it would be interesting (per Shama/Barikmo) what kind of extension money Fleck gets. If the train seems to be rolling off the tracks two years in a row you've got to pray for a miraculous and somewhat rare Pitino-typereturn to respectability in year 3. I suppose it depends what seems to be happening with the all-important recruits. Pull in top 20-40 talent maybe you're a little patient with a staff underperforming on the field.

Ideally we rescue this season, bring in a nice class and win 6-8 next year and recruit better. Trend lines up going into 2019 or cue the Han Solo line.

2019 is the magic year for Fleck. Winfield(pending RS maybe junior), Coughlin, Johnson, etc are seniors and the schedule looks as easy as it can get. Either a senior Croft or a seasoned recruit at QB.

If he can’t win 9 or 10 in that season I doubt he ever will.

Agreed, 2019 should be a really strong season for us.

Very easy schedule.

Roster includes: Winfield, Coughlin, Martin, Barber, Johnson, Howard, Croft, Thomas. Plus Andries, Williams, Umlor, Handy Holly...all of those guys will be very seasoned players by then.

Plus whoever is redshirting and gets recruited this season.

Agreed, 2019 should be a really strong season for us.

Very easy schedule.

Roster includes: Winfield, Coughlin, Martin, Barber, Johnson, Howard, Croft, Thomas. Plus Andries, Williams, Umlor, Handy Holly...all of those guys will be very seasoned players by then.

Plus whoever is redshirting and gets recruited this season.

Agree but you are not taking injuries into account or possible left for draft early players

Why do these polls? You know that you're going to have the trolls being negative about it. Why feed them?

It's really bad form to keep calling everyone that you disagree with a troll. It doesn't make you a better fan. You can be a fan of the program, and still have differing expectations or opinions. Get a grip, already. If you don't want to read things you don't agree with, and it damages you so, ignore them.

Top Bottom