Predict number of regular season wins in the year 2020

Predict number of regular season wins in the year 2020

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donovan

Reaction score
This will be a good way to see where people are currently with the Fleck hire (assuming he is still coaching, obviously).

very optimistic: 11-12
quite optimistic: 9-10
barely optimistic: 7-8
pessimistic: 5-6
quite pessimistic: 0-4

My vote is 9-10

Michigan, Michigan State and BYU all on the schedule so I wouldn't exactly call 8 wins "barely optimistic".

I'm optimistic about the future of the program, but 7 wins in 2020 would be acceptable given the schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh, this poll is flawed. Where's 13-14?

Go Gophers, Row the Boat, Ski-u-mah!

Oops, my apology--I didn't read the thread title properly. Regular season. Got it.

Michigan, Michigan State and BYU all on the schedule so I wouldn't exactly call 8 wins "barely optimistic".

I'm optimistic about the future of the program, but 7 wins in 2020 would be acceptable given the schedule.

I don't think 3 years is long enough to get back to TC level. He is going to have to shake up the staff some to get there. The recruiting isn't there either.

Not a good $3.5M deal.

I would anticipate 5 wins this year.
3-5 wins next year.
6-7 wins the year after
maybe 7-9 wins year after that

If I was really optimistic

6 wins this year
6-7 next year
7-8 year after
9+ year after that

I'm optimistic about the future of the program, but 7 wins in 2020 would be acceptable given the schedule

BYU has been decent the last few years, but not a real power (they have not finished the year ranked in the top 25 since 2009). In fact this year, they are currently 1-6.

3-5 wins next year.
6-7 wins the year after

6 wins this year
6-7 next year
7-8 year after
9+ year after that

Why are your expectations so low? If we are on the low end of that, I'd consider the hiring of Fleck a failure. Not an unmitigated disaster, but a failure. The high end of that I'd consider to be realistic to semi optimistic.

Why do these polls? You know that you're going to have the trolls being negative about it. Why feed them?

3-5 wins next year.
6-7 wins the year after

6 wins this year
6-7 next year
7-8 year after
9+ year after that

Ya that's not going to cut it, considering what we're paying and what his predecessor did. Flecks in hot water if he misses a bowl in his first two years

Oh, good.
We have two in this thread saying 9+ wins won't be good enough.

I'm saying three to five won't be good enough next year. There are roughly 40 bowls, so many bowl games they can't even come up with enough six win teams anymore. Even Brewster got to a bowl game twice. He should go to a bowl this year too but he pissed that away

I'm saying three to five won't be good enough next year. There are roughly 40 bowls, so many bowl games they can't even come up with enough six win teams anymore. Even Brewster got to a bowl game twice. He should go to a bowl this year too but he pissed that away

I think next year is the year we'll go super young and start building from there. This is the transition year.

On a side note, I like your criticism that it isn't enough for the money we are paying him.

Well, we're probably paying him below the mean for Big Ten Coaches. You want first place results for average pay I guess.

Why do these polls? You know that you're going to have the trolls being negative about it. Why feed them?

Ridiculous- FtF for example is a big time PJ endorser and his predictions are quite conservative about where we will be by then. Why do you constantly think that anyone who is cautious about PJs course is a troll? No one can express concern about his style or how it will translate into elite recruiting or results?

I would hope that PJ has his culture well implemented by then, he will be battling for 1st-3rd in the western division and BYU will continue its decline. Thus I hope for 8-9 wins with a winning record in the Big 10.

9+ wins is always good enough and hopefully soon enough a new Gopher standard.

Fleck will be in trouble if his team can only scratch out 7 wins in his fourth year. Major disappointment if that happens.

Don't feed the troll.

Ridiculous- FtF for example is a big time PJ endorser and his predictions are quite conservative about where we will be by then. Why do you constantly think that anyone who is cautious about PJs course is a troll? No one can express concern about his style or how it will translate into elite recruiting or results?

I would hope that PJ has his culture well implemented by then, he will be battling for 1st-3rd in the western division and BYU will continue its decline. Thus I hope for 8-9 wins with a winning record in the Big 10.

FtF is a troll.

We would be bowl eligible today if TC hadn't been fired.

Fleck will be in trouble if his team can only scratch out 7 wins in his fourth year. Major disappointment if that happens.

This is not true. His first full recruiting class (the 2019 class) will be RS Freshmen. And while it would be disappointing, losses to Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Nebraska or Iowa or BYU and random team X would not necessarily mean the world is ending.

Everyone needs to take off the Maroon and Gold glasses and lower expectations a tiny bit.

Huh??? His first full recruiting class, if you're not including last NSD, will be juniors and RS sophomores for the 2020 season.

This is not true. His first full recruiting class (the 2019 class) will be RS Freshmen. And while it would be disappointing, losses to Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Nebraska or Iowa or BYU and random team X would not necessarily mean the world is ending.

Everyone needs to take off the Maroon and Gold glasses and lower expectations a tiny bit.

Coyle did not bring Fleck in to lower expectations. If the Gophs bump along at 5-7 wins over the next four years, ticket sales will flounder and TCF will be half full.

Looking ahead at the upcoming schedules over the next 4 years - I personally see the 2019 schedule being the most favorable. Crossover games being Rutgers, Maryland and Penn State. Historically Rutgers and Maryland are on the weaker end of the East. Obviously Penn State is a tough one (at least it will be at home). We then also get Wisconsin and Nebraska at home also. With 5 of the 9 big ten games being at home.

If the coach's handle the QB's well we should have a starting QB with experience. Either a RS Senior Croft, RS Sophomore Morgan or a Sophomore Armstrong (this would mean he starts next year as a true freshman). We will have plenty of experience at WR with Johnson, Douglas, Howard and Wiliams. Also plenty of experience on Defense - including Winfield, Couglin, Barber, Martin, Umlor, Handy-Holly, etc. And hopefully more names that we do not even know yet.

Looking ahead at the upcoming schedules over the next 4 years - I personally see the 2019 schedule being the most favorable. Crossover games being Rutgers, Maryland and Penn State. Historically Rutgers and Maryland are on the weaker end of the East. Obviously Penn State is a tough one (at least it will be at home). We then also get Wisconsin and Nebraska at home also. With 5 of the 9 big ten games being at home.

If the coach's handle the QB's well we should have a starting QB with experience. Either a RS Senior Croft, RS Sophomore Morgan or a Sophomore Armstrong (this would mean he starts next year as a true freshman). We will have plenty of experience at WR with Johnson, Douglas, Howard and Wiliams. Also plenty of experience on Defense - including Winfield, Couglin, Barber, Martin, Umlor, Handy-Holly, etc. And hopefully more names that we do not even know yet.

Nice post, thanks. Very much agree and have posted numerous times that 2019 could be a special year for Fleck and Gophs, with a strong possibility of 10 regular season wins, and a chance to run the table. Best shot at the Rose bowl. Gophs win 10 or more, U will back up the Brinks truck for Fleck's extension.

Top Bottom