No Reason to Play Rhoda From Here On

Screw it. Champions smoke weed and show up on Saturday. Relax and let Demry be Demry.

Did you see him wrangle out of pressure? It's not always a coaches game.

Since Day 1 I wanted Croft barbecue he has a chance to develop. With Rhoda you are basically getting another year of Leidner but without the mobility so even worse. Croft can learn and develop allowing this team to be more successful next season

I prefer my Croft with fava beans and a nice chianti.

I am so happy to see Croft play so well. PJ would have increased Leidner's QB rating by 30 points at least IMO. Excited to see what he can do with Croft and Green.

Rhoda won the job before Demry's transgression. There's no way he was getting major snaps before tonight even if he was available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something else was going on not related to football from the start, it was obvious in the Buffalo game that Rhoda at QB wasn't going to produce many B1G wins if any. Looks to me like Fleck rolled the dice thinking an inferior quarterback that doesn't make mistakes would be enough while the other issues took care of themselves.

Offense was sputtering mightily first 3 quarters. The 4th quarter was more of the offense I thought we'd see starting in the MD game. Croft definitely seized the opportunity. His run to the sideline and cut up field was electric. Not something Rhoda could ever do.

Got to believe Fleck saying Rhoda won the job...it does make me wonder if Croft's much more of a game time performer?

If I remember correctly,you are/were a Mason fan. You gave him TEN YEARS to go 32-58 in conference play, never finish in the top 3 of the conference, never even beat a team that finished in the top 3 of the conference, and had losing records against Iowa and Wisconsin. You are now calling Fleck "PeeWee" 6 games in to his first year, but wanted more Mason? Look, P.J. could succeed or he could fail but he's going to get an absolute minimum of 3 years to do the job and likely more than that. Not supporting him now does nothing to help Gopher football, but certainly could hurt it. He has the best reputation nationally of any coach to take the Gopher job since Lou Holtz. If he fails, it's going to be real tough for Coyle/new A.D. to entice another hot candidate to take this job. Fleck failing would be a disaster for the University of Minnesota and I don't see why anyone would root for that.

As for the defense? It was performing at a level similar to or better than the 2016 defense through the non conference portion of the season and handed the offense 4 to's against Purdue while surrendering fewer points to the Boilermakers than the 2016 defense did. So you are talking about two poor performances on defense and already want the defensive coordinator gone. How about those Mason defenses that at one point gave up 2 of the 3 biggest leads in bowl history (NC seState and Texas Tech) and also gave up a 28-7 lead in the 4th Q against Michigan at home despite giving actually scoring a td in that quarter? Or how about letting Purdue go over 50 yards in like 7 seconds to set up a game winning FG as time expired? I could go on and on.

+1

Offense was sputtering mightily first 3 quarters. The 4th quarter was more of the offense I thought we'd see starting in the MD game. Croft definitely seized the opportunity. His run to the sideline and cut up field was electric. Not something Rhoda could ever do.

Got to believe Fleck saying Rhoda won the job...it does make me wonder if Croft's much more of a game time performer?

I think there is more to the story that we don’t know. Whatever it was, hopefully PJ and Croft can move forward together.
Croft is going to make more mistakes. Hopefully, he gets the opportunity to do so on the field.

Sometimes guys grow when given responsibility.

Sometimes they grow when they are given the damn ball. We know Rhoda didn't. Whomever the guy behind me was screaming "Don't screw it up Rhoda!" every time we got the ball last night sure made me laugh. We must let Croft start the rest of the games and if not him, someone else that needs experience. Rhoda starting doesn't help us next year when it matters. This year is lost.

I don't have a problem playing Croft but not sure that just from this game we can be sure he'll be "better" over all.

Playing late against a team falling back with lead in the rain... not gonna be the same from here on out.

I think since Fleck has made it clear that wins don't matter this year they don't need to play Rhoda. Morgan or Croft need experience in this throw away season.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

I think since Fleck has made it clear that wins don't matter this year they don't need to play Rhoda. Morgan or Croft need experience in this throw away season.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

I can't tell if you're serious or not?:confused:

I don't have a problem playing Croft but not sure that just from this game we can be sure he'll be "better" over all.

Playing late against a team falling back with lead in the rain... not gonna be the same from here on out.

Yeah, I'll pop the champagne cork that we found our topflight QB after I see him perform against Illinois and Iowa.

I'm not popping any corks, but I'm more optimistic regarding our QB situation after last night than I was before the game.

I'm not "we'll win the Big Ten" optimistic.
But more optimistic than I was.

Has Croft ever played a complete game? I think he deserves it with his play last night. See how he reacts over a full 60 minutes.

Has Croft ever played a complete game? I think he deserves it with his play last night. See how he reacts over a full 60 minutes.

Well, he certainly made the game more fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing him in the next game. One, he has to stay healthy, and that will be doubtful if he continues to take on tacklers and dive headfirst. Gutsy, but not too sure I like it all things considered. Two, unless he makes better decisions, we're going to have turnovers. Of course, Rhoda, who I thought handled things well in non-conference, has had really costly turnovers in conference games. Croft should play--fair odds that we will see Rhoda again.

The elusive/running QB is worth SO much more in college than pros it seems. The Vince Young effect.

Hopefully we will see that Croft build on that 2nd half and come back next year with Brooks and Rodney for a Rose Bowl run!

Top Bottom