Dick Vitale: Big Ten loaded with talent; Minnesota is loaded with experience & depth

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Dick Vitale: Big Ten loaded with talent; Minnesota is loaded with experience & depth

per Vitale:

Michigan State is the favorite to win the league title. The return of Miles Bridges to the Spartans was a big positive. He turned down the green of the NBA for a shot at the Final Four. Tom Izzo has a legit chance to get back to the Final Four with this crew. The sophomores grew up together last season. Nick Ward will be more aggressive this season. The Spartans also add Jaren Jackson up front. He will certainly help add depth and strength.

Michigan State also has solid guard play with Tum Tum Nairn, Cassius Winston and Josh Langford.

It will not be a cakewalk when you consider some of the teams in the conference. Wisconsin returns Ethan Happ, and he will surely be listed on many All-Solid Gold teams. Michigan has Moe Wagner back in the paint. John Beilein can flat-out coach and the Wolverines will be a contender.

Minnesota is loaded with experience and depth. Richard Pitino's lineup includes Nate Mason, Amir Coffey, Jordan Murphy and Reggie Lynch. I expect them to earn a spot in the top 20 this season.

http://www.espn.com/espn/dickvitale/story/_/id/21002595/big-ten-loaded-hoops-talent

Go Gophers!!

Minnesota is loaded with experience and depth. Richard Pitino's lineup includes Nate Mason, Amir Coffey, Jordan Murphy and Reggie Lynch. I expect them to earn a spot in the top 20 this season.

I do too!!!!!

If Curry were healthy, I'd say Gophers have good depth. Without him, I have concerns.

At this point Konate and (presumably) Washington (if as good as advertised) are our depth.

The rest. ... Hurt, Fitzgerald, and Harris are complete unknowns. I'll consider it a win if 1 of these 3 becomes a dependable rotation player.

I hope another player or two can step up and fill a role that Curry would of had. The Gophers have to know they have a legit team to make some noice with the other top boys in the Big Ten. Wishing them the best. Go Gophers!

I too, am worried about the Curry loss. No margin for error...certainly not depth in the front court.

We will get mauled by Michigan State and their talented big men. Every other team we can compete with and beat.

If we're in foul trouble I'd imagine we will see a lot of small ball line ups

We have several that could potentially step up to replace Curry. Don't write them off based solely on last year.

Top Bottom