***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Rhoda is basically worthless tonight. Can't run and help you. Can't throw anything but a 5 yard curl. At this point I'd rather they go wildcat the rest of the game with Brooks and Smith...maybe Tyler Johnson coming fly motion across.

Rodney Smith is the kind of running back that has great vision and runs well when there is a hole to find. So far there have not been many holes this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, I can buy that. So if we cannot create holes and he is only good in holes, then that still doesn't mesh.

Today I learned that 3 consecutive passes inside the opponents 10 yard line is predictable for the Gophers.

That was stupid play calling. Ok, it is either predictable or stupid play calling with this staff. either way it is not good.

Can we do an instant poll and see what percentage of peeps think Rhoda should continue the game?

Williams wide open for a touchdown. Awful throw by Rhoda, albeit under pressure. This is hard to watch.

This forum is unreadable. What a bunch of knee jerk reactionists with agendas....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The in game thread almost never takes the long view. You re assuming there is one. RTB, CULTURE.

That was stupid play calling. Ok, it is either predictable or stupid play calling with this staff. either way it is not good.

What would have been good play calling? Or was it just stupid because it didn't work?

This forum is unreadable. What a bunch of knee jerk reactionists with agendas....

What, specifically, do you disagree with? The fact that Rhoda is not very good? The fact our OL sucks? The fact our O continues to run inside zone when our QB never keeps and the play therefore averages 1 yard/attempt?

I'm not down on the direction of the program...I'm quite hopeful, in fact. That said, this team (particulary the O) has been puke worthy since B1G play started. Injuries have played a huge role, but I really feel the coaching staff has been hard-headed in forcing players into their unworkable schemes. It's probably for the best long term...but man it's hard to watch as a fan.

Apparently you have not watched the last two games. There is nothing knee jerk. This horrible offense has been going on for three weeks now.

Fleck is stubborn. He refuses to pull Rhoda because that would mean he was wrong; Rhoda doesn't give the team the best chance to win.

Correct. Then again lots of coaches/people are like that. But in his case he's contradicting himself and outing himself as a hypocrite that cannot adapt to new developments.

Wow. Defensive and sensitive....guess I hit a nerve.

We need it to start raining again and pray MSU turns it over again.

I hope we can get a good qb while Mark Williams and Tyler Johnson are still here.

What would have been good play calling? Or was it just stupid because it didn't work?

how about a counter. off tackle. I would not trust rhoda to throw it in that situation. I know many people think this o line is so stupid and unathletic then can only block for a read option, but I refuse to believe this. I think this offensive can do more, but our coaches refuse to expand the playbook for reasons unknown to me. We won 9 games last year, and now we are a team that can't win a big ten game...no way. that is on the coaching staff.

where is adam weber when you need him?

Wow. Defensive and sensitive....guess I hit a nerve.

Trolling this board is easy homes. No prize. Wanna impress? Make the case your kid should play for PJ.

Welp. I still have faith but they gotta do something with this possession.

I need yo make a trip to liquor cabinet to keep watching this ****

Kamal Martin needs to make that tackle instead of watching him run by.

This is going to be a long night.

Yup. They're gonna rush for 200 yards. We'll be lucky to have 200 yards of total offense. I'll say we manage 150 in "real" offense, then about 75 in garbage time 4th quarter drives. Looks like we've got about 20 right now.

Top Bottom