What will the attendance be for the Gopher Saturday night game vs MSU?

• 46,000+

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • 42,000 - 45,999

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • 38,000 - 41,999

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • 35,000 - 38,999

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Less than 35,000

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score

I'm guessing the tickets will not be hard to come by

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I predict they will announce 44,535 but actual butts in seats will be below 35,000. I'll be there though.

I predict they will announce 44,535 but actual butts in seats will be below 35,000. I'll be there though.
This with butts in seats actually around 29,000.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rain and cold predicted; most of the Gopher core fan base will stay home on doctor's orders.

On Fleck's KFAN show on Tuesday Mike Grimm said more than once the game was "headed toward a sellout." That seems insane, but that's what he said.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

just wondering why you are so infatuated asking this question for each home....begs the question...are you going to be there?

On Fleck's KFAN show on Tuesday Mike Grimm said more than once the game was "headed toward a sellout." That seems insane, but that's what he said.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Why does that seem insane? Doesn't seem anywhere near insane to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does that seem insane? Doesn't seem anywhere near insane to me.

40s and rain doesn't seem like the kind of weather that would bring 10,000 more fans out. We'll see.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Don’t care what attendance is or wanna hear whining about poor attendance until they quit blowing games at home they should be winning.

Don’t care what attendance is or wanna hear whining about poor attendance until they quit blowing games at home they should be winning.

This is the central issue. Losses are the worst thing for the program right now.

This is the central issue. Losses are the worst thing for the program right now.

I agree. We really need to capitalize on a hot coach and uptick in coverage but so far we aren’t at all and it isn’t helping us.

Ditto.

I agree. We really need to capitalize on a hot coach and uptick in coverage but so far we aren’t at all and it isn’t helping us.

Basically we are fumbling our opportunity.

I'll be shocked if they aren't selling SRO tickets tonight. I mean who wouldn't want to see a team that's 3 minutes from being undefeated?

I'll be shocked if they aren't selling SRO tickets tonight. I mean who wouldn't want to see a team that's 3 minutes from being undefeated?
No one. Not even somebody who sat through the 1982 and 1983 season.

22K season tickets + rain + non NE/WI opponent = SRO!

I'm guessing the tickets will not be hard to come by

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I was offered 2 free tix last night and 6 free with parking pass today. You are spot on!!!!

I was offered 2 free tix last night and 6 free with parking pass today. You are spot on!!!!

Try Rupert. I remember him asking repeatedly for free tix on here earlier this year [emoji3]

Try Rupert. I remember him asking repeatedly for free tix on here earlier this year [emoji3]

I declined both; I can't stomach being wet, cold and possibly watching performance like the past two weeks. I can be dry and turn the channel if need be.

I know, I know....I'm a terrible fan!!!!! I have a brain.

If we win, it's not like I miss the upset of the century.

Has there been that much of this? Yes, the Maryland loss was frustrating and a missed opportunity, but the Gophers have won 7 of their last 9 at TCF dating back to beginning of 2016.

The Gophers have lost only 1 game at TCF in 5 seasons to a team that didn't eventually finish with a winning record in B1G (or Big XII) play. That was 2015 Nebraska, who still made and won a bowl. We'll obviously have to see where Maryland winds up, but they aren't awful.

I think the bigger problem has been the lack of peak moments in this program - such as Syracuse or Iowa State have gotten in the past week. When you come to a Gopher game it's pretty predictable if they will win or lose. There needs to be the carrot of the massive program changing win to keep interest.

We've been remarkably fortunate weather-wise in now the 10th year of TCF (if I'm counting correctly).

Although rain has threatened I can only think of a couple of occasions where it actually could be called rainy.

At least precip wise, that hasn't been much of a damper on attendance. Like I noted, a lot of folks will be watching from the concourses. Half-time will most likely be brutal, even with 30,000 present.

We'll also get a sense of the students' tolerances. High blood alcohol content always helped me down at Georgia back in the day to sit, bark, and eventually roll over in the rain.

Has there been that much of this? Yes, the Maryland loss was frustrating and a missed opportunity, but the Gophers have won 7 of their last 9 at TCF dating back to beginning of 2016.

The Gophers have lost only 1 game at TCF in 5 seasons to a team that didn't eventually finish with a winning record in B1G (or Big XII) play. That was 2015 Nebraska, who still made and won a bowl. We'll obviously have to see where Maryland winds up, but they aren't awful.

I think the bigger problem has been the lack of peak moments in this program - such as Syracuse or Iowa State have gotten in the past week. When you come to a Gopher game it's pretty predictable if they will win or lose. There needs to be the carrot of the massive program changing win to keep interest.

Yeah, agree with the bolded. When a season is on the cusp like this one is, an upset really helps to keep the faith. Doing the numbers, think Fleck is 2-10 against BIG opponents in his career, the two coming last year of course. Needs to breakthrough for this year and no better night than tonight. Man, would really love a win. Like you said, Syracuse last night, Iowa State last week, etc. Why not us?

I wonder if Nancy Bitenc and her kid will be there tonight?

Why isn't "who cares what the attendance is?" an option?

Top Bottom