What will the attendance be for the Gopher Saturday night game vs MSU?

What will the attendance be for the Gopher Saturday night game vs MSU?

• 46,000+

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • 42,000 - 45,999

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • 38,000 - 41,999

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • 35,000 - 38,999

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Less than 35,000

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters
TV didn't show a lot of crowd shots until later in the game, when the stands looked to be about one-third full at best. Being a native Minnesotan, I can understand people leaving when the weather sucks and the team is behind.

If anyone was there, or knows, what was the attendance like early in the game. Did some people not come back after the weather delay? (I can envision some fans going to a bar to wait out the delay, and deciding not to go back. Warm bar and cold beer beats cold seat, wet conditions and team not playing well for most of the game).

Concourses on the Visitors side was packed when the lightning evacuation occurred.

Trouble was that people arriving late (thinking just in time for kickoff) didn't know about the "delay" so they were pouring in to an already full area.

Literally standing room only. For those of us who are mobile but are challenged to stand for extended periods...you really have to be creative.

As best I can tell they don't announce attendance any more. That smells like the AD to me. Sections 211 and 212 had fans and open spots, but I do believe lots of folks take their chances in the concourses on gamedays like this.

Finally, for the few thousands that stayed to the end I thought we'd be dealing with Bitter End Club declarations but that definitely was not the case. Losing sucks. But that was a modestly fun 4th quarter. I was glad I was there. Saw some very good QB and receiver play. Crofts scramble at the end was worth the price of admission...

TV didn't show a lot of crowd shots until later in the game, when the stands looked to be about one-third full at best. Being a native Minnesotan, I can understand people leaving when the weather sucks and the team is behind.

If anyone was there, or knows, what was the attendance like early in the game. Did some people not come back after the weather delay? (I can envision some fans going to a bar to wait out the delay, and deciding not to go back. Warm bar and cold beer beats cold seat, wet conditions and team not playing well for most of the game).

Was very thin, thinned out at half

I was with non gopher fans and we left in Fourth, one of few times I've left early

Confirming reports earlier that a lot of tickets were sold for the game, 47,541 was the announced attendance. Our parking ramp was pretty full. Hell of a lot of MSU fans there last night. BilldGopher was right. The concourses were packed and outside the stadium there were no announcements about the lighting. Inside the concourse nobody could understand the announcements, if there were any. Just kept looking at the scoreboard countdown. Then when it got around 10 minutes it went back up to 25 minutes.

Hundreds and hundreds of people stayed-up in the concourse or under the overhang and watched the game. The rain did stop later in the game. 3rd Quarter I think, but a whole lot of people left at halftime. Quite a few more left after the 4 and out by the Gophers early in the 4th. Even more when Sparty got the TD to go up 30-13.

Certainly can't blame them.

Bowl end in the upper deck was empty from the beginning. I'd say maybe 75% (or less) of the seats occupied in the rest of the stadium? Bailed in the third quarter--wet, cold, and really tired of watching them just pound our defense.

On the weather delay...for Purdue I thought their tolerance was within 8 miles and not 15 like was announced last night.

I believe most people in the concourses would agree that a two strike policy is within most people's risk tolerances.

If we're going out that far (15) then maybe two strikes within a three minute period...with the second geographically closer than the first.

Main point is that it should be the same limit everywhere. I don't think any Purdue fan's life is less valuable than a Gopher's...

On the weather delay...for Purdue I thought their tolerance was within 8 miles and not 15 like was announced last night.

I believe most people in the concourses would agree that a two strike policy is within most people's risk tolerances.

If we're going out that far (15) then maybe two strikes within a three minute period...with the second geographically closer than the first.

Main point is that it should be the same limit everywhere. I don't think any Purdue fan's life is less valuable than a Gopher's...

The NCAA rule is 8 miles. The only place I saw report 15 was Fox9.

Thanks Josh. The announcer's "statement" was 15 miles. Thanks for confirming the NCAA rule at 8.

We try to spend two weeks at the beach (literally) in Florida each year...so we're sensitized to lightning (probably like golfers). You can have a clear sky bolt from up to 10 miles away.

I think it would be good to have the monitors in the concourse just clearly state the policy when in play...and show the countdown inside as well as on the scoreboard. Also, at least at the start of the game...alerting fans coming in should be alerted too. That would be more of a challenge...if it's raining I'd be some would elect to hang out under the stadium overhang in the "outside" concourse. Probably not a good lightning-safe behavior.

I think only a small fraction of those in attendance understood the procedures. Obviously didn't watch the Purdue game the week before.

47,451 the announced attendance, although obviously there were no where near that many butts in the seats.

Too bad that the weather and Purdue/Maryland losses undermined what could have been an electric atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree that it was pretty hard to gage...north side looked pretty full with a fair amount of fans still watching from the concourse. South side looked a lot more empty in the second deck but I assume the indoor spaces were pretty full. Student section was maybe half full? Second deck had only a few rows filled.

Top Bottom