Ohio State at Nebraska
Utah at USC
Oregon at Stanford
etc.

Is Clemson really ranked #2? Syracuse looks amazing this 1st quarter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Clemson really ranked #2? Syracuse looks amazing this 1st quarter

#3 fell to an unranked opponent last week, could it happen to #2 this week? Certainly would be interesting.

Tied at 17 midway through the 3rd quarter. Very entertaining game so far. How did Syracue lose to MTSU a few weeks ago?

What would happen if the Syracuse QB Dungey was the Gophers QB in the last two games?

I like his name and I like his QB play.

It looks like the athleticism and team depth of Clemson is wearing down Syracuse in the second half.

Anyone know the average recruiting ranking over the past 3-years for Clemson and Syracuse?

Cuse gonna win...

I remember when we beat the #2 team [emoji848]

Man, Dungey is seriously legit. I can only imagine what it's like to have a QB like that on your team. It's apparently not enough to keep your team from going 3-3 in the first six games, however. Maybe he was hurt or something earlier in the year, but Syracuse sure looked like a million bucks tonight against a defense filled with NFL'ers. Fun game.

Down goes Clemson. Unreal, Clemson has a ton of talent, too.

Envision the Gophers under PJ Fleck upsetting a highly ranked B1G team. Dare to dream.

Man, Dungey is seriously legit. I can only imagine what it's like to have a QB like that on your team. It's apparently not enough to keep your team from going 3-3 in the first six games, however. Maybe he was hurt or something earlier in the year, but Syracuse sure looked like a million bucks tonight against a defense filled with NFL'ers. Fun game.

he wasn't out.

5 td's week one
Terrible game week 2 vs MTSU
3 TDs vs CMU
2 TDs vs LSU and up and down
3 TDs vs NCSt
3 TDs vs Pitt

So basically he played one bad game which cost them against a bad team. Otherwise he's been their horse

If the Orangemen can beat Clemson, the Gophers can beat Sparty.

Question is how bad does that rock Clemson's playoff chances? Obviously still a ton of time to go, but at the end of the year we'll be comparing one loss teams for the final spot as always I'd bet and this loss does not look good on paper unless Syracuse runs the table

Syracuse is certainly giving themselves a chance here late. They've looked solid tonight. I expected Clemson to put up some explosive plays.....but was not expecting it from Cuse. Doesn't help that they are forced to play their freshman QB. But the talent level of Clemson should make up for that. And it looks like they are going to pull the upset.

Looking forward to the Washington State/Cal game too. Washington State is entertaining with their air raid offense. They've had quite the season so far. Currently ranked #8! This was a team that we beat less than a year ago with a depleted roster. And when I think of Washington State......I think of a low to middling program. Especially as of recent. Fun to cheer for team like that rise in the rankings. Leach has done a great job and is always a character. Didn't realize that they played in a true cracker jack stadium. At under 33,000 total capacity.......only Wake Forest has a smaller stadium of all power five schools. And that is not a surprise considering that they've been mostly terrible outside of decent stretch in the mid 00's. When I think of Wake, I think of them as a basketball school. Hopefully the game is played. Sounds like they are having some air quality issues over there.

Opening kickoff returned for a TD, negated by a pretty obvious hold.

Nice win by 'Cuse.
That will shake up the playoff conversation.
All of a sudden, teams with one loss are back in contention.

Great break on the ball for that INT. Falk was completely staring down his intended receiver.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Big time win for Syracuse. Big time upset.

Question is how bad does that rock Clemson's playoff chances?

Not at all. Last year they lost to Pitt, at home, later in the season and still won the National Championship.

That was a worse loss than this one.

Not at all. Last year they lost to Pitt, at home, later in the season and still won the National Championship.

That was a worse loss than this one.

counter to that would be, obviously, depends. At the end of the day, there will likely be one loss teams compared. Clemson may get some bonus with their starting QB going down in the game. But if you're comparing the one loss teams, OSU, USC, and Notre Dame all have better looking losses on paper and I'd hate to get stuck in that position come this fall hoping to see others lose another game (which obviously will happen, but it's more just for sake of I need other college fb to focus on with this gopher season happening)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Falk with a 4th pick. Wash st Down 17-3 to Cal late in the 3rd. Could be a pair of huge upsets to start the weekend

Top Bottom