Gophers Barclays Center Classic game information

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Friday, Nov. 24
Gophers vs. UMass, 11 a.m., LIU-Brooklyn Steinberg Wellness Center

Saturday, Nov. 25
Gophers vs. Alabama, 4 p.m., Barclays Center

At this point it appears neither game will appear on regular TV. Kind of odd to play in an an exempt "tournament" that has no TV. (ESPN3, streaming, etc., does not count)

But you can always listen to Mike Grimm on the radio network. "Terrible call by the officials." "That's a terrible call." "Another terrible call by the officials."

Why are games for the Barclay's Center Classic held at a university's wellness center? None of this makes any sense!

There's a pretty good chance that Minnesota vs. Alabama will be a matchup of two top 25 teams, I'd have to think someone would televise it.

So all of our games against Bob Evans and co. will be televised or streamed but UMass and Alabama will not? What is the point of these tournaments if not to provide TV games?

But you can always listen to Mike Grimm on the radio network. "Terrible call by the officials." "That's a terrible call." "Another terrible call by the officials."

I doubt Grim will be at the Saturday game due to football game vs Badgers. May also have a sub for the Friday game.

Yes (as posted before) Creative Charters has the trip on it's schedule. Leave early (6am) Friday - back early Monday - Sun Country direct to JFK. 3 nights @ Marriott Brooklyn Bridge - which is also the team hotel. $969/person. The UMass game will be at LIU - a tight fit with a game tip at 11am - 30 or so signed up. Not affiliated with CC's. It's a pretty good deal but not too excited about the switch from the Barclays Center to LIU for the Friday game. Staying in Brooklyn over Thanksgiving weekend should be a lot of fun however.

I doubt Grim will be at the Saturday game due to football game vs Badgers. May also have a sub for the Friday game.

I have no idea who the sub will be. The women are in Las Vegas for a tournament, so it won't be Corbu Stathes.

Top Bottom