nthracite Uniforms on Saturday Night

I like the anthracite uniforms as an alternative uniform to be worn occasionally. Will be interesting how they look under the lights with the gold helmets.

I see these uniforms and still think of the Michigan debacle in 2015...1st and goal from the 1/2 yard line, 19 seconds remaining with 1 timeout and Minnesota cannot put the ball in the endzone....well I digress as that is a topic in itself.

19 seconds and a time out is perfect for 4 chances.

I think they should try the matte again, but try to match the color to the maroon on the rest of the uniform better. The old matte helmets were nice, but a way darker maroon compared to everything else they wore.

Yep.

Yet another gimmick.

Under Phil Fleck, the University of Minnesota football team must be the national leader in gimmicks.

Love it! Always thought the anthracite looked cool.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

They can wear whatever they want as long as that song never enters my mind again. That was punishment.

Yet another gimmick.

Under Phil Fleck, the University of Minnesota football team must be the national leader in gimmicks.

Wearing non-traditional uniform combinations is hardly a gimmick. Teams have been doing this for over a decade. Better this than being stuck with boring Penn State unis.

They should spend less time worrying about the uniforms and more time trying to win games!!!!!!!!

Did I do that right?

LMAO...did you click on the original link to the video? Your comment would fit in perfectly with the others!

As for me, I'm pumped! I'll be sporting the anthracite kicks I've been wearing since that Mich game 2 years ago! #Anthracite4ever

IMG_20171012_182456.jpg

Wearing non-traditional uniform combinations is hardly a gimmick. Teams have been doing this for over a decade. Better this than being stuck with boring Penn State unis.

my suspicion is that 3399 is patherhawk. admittedly, i have not been paying too much attention to college football in the last couple of years, but i definitely do not think he is a gopher fan.

btw, even if 3399 is not *********** (panθerhawk), does anyone know what happened to eric? either he got a lot smarter in the last 5 years (e.g. 3399) or he is dead or his fingers are paralyzed.

Just when you think this season can't get worse...they bring out the f#kk!ng anthracite! [emoji36]

Looks like all-maroon, but with a more futuristic gold helmet - youth-oriented, okay with me.

Yet another gimmick.

I've been about as anti-anthracite and anti-gimmick as anyone, but this is hardly anything unique to Fleck. Kill started the anthracite uniforms and there are tons of teams with multiple uniforms.

my suspicion is that 3399 is patherhawk. admittedly, i have not been paying too much attention to college football in the last couple of years, but i definitely do not think he is a gopher fan.

btw, even if 3399 is not *********** (panθerhawk), does anyone know what happened to eric? either he got a lot smarter in the last 5 years (e.g. 3399) or he is dead or his fingers are paralyzed.

He doesn't seem unhinged enough to be the hawk. He'd say something more like "LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO da Goofers wearing gray jerseys cuz noone cares about there crappy football team!!!!!!! RAH!!!"

He doesn't seem unhinged enough to be the hawk. He'd say something more like "LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO da Goofers wearing gray jerseys cuz noone cares about there crappy football team!!!!!!! RAH!!!"

3399 is definitely a troll. Username started up after the 3-9 2011 season.

I had a feeling they were going to go with gold helmets on anthracite this year since we did maroon helmets with them last year. I wasn't expecting the anthracite decals on the helmet. Not bad. I just wish they sold more anthracite merchandise like Nike jerseys. It goes so well with our colors.

I miss the flat maroon helmets too. They looked ominous and aggressive. I'm sad they're gone, and I'm sad the brick pattern in the numbers on the gold, white and anthracite jerseys is gone too. Most likely this is because they're trying to phase out the Brick by Brick motto, but still those bricks represented TCF Bank Stadium as home to me more than the team motto.

Since James Brown has passed, the Gopher Football equipment guys are the hardest working people in entertainment.

LMAO...did you click on the original link to the video? Your comment would fit in perfectly with the others!

As for me, I'm pumped! I'll be sporting the anthracite kicks I've been wearing since that Mich game 2 years ago! #Anthracite4ever

View attachment 5145

Yeah, I saw it on the Gophers football facebook page too. I'm imagining the coaching staff cutting into their game tape time each week so they can discuss, design, and stitch up the uniforms for that weekend.

Different uniforms every week is just fine with me. But, find some we can win in.

Especially since Michigan was clearly offside on the 4th down play and as usual the Big 10 officials missed the call.

I don’t remember the off sides but I’m not surprised it happened or the missed call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t remember the off sides but I’m not surprised it happened or the missed call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, one of many no calls in Gophs history. Clearly looked lined up off-sides.

Especially since Michigan was clearly offside on the 4th down play and as usual the Big 10 officials missed the call.

I remember this clearly. Our center (Moore?) moved the ball out further into the neutral zone, which he is allowed to do. Moving the ball out further like that does not make the defenders offsides.

http://www.diehardsport.com/college...on-final-play-minnesota-center-moved-ball-up/

CSulqYRUAAASAB9.jpg:large

The line of scrimmage was about the half-yard line, and as you can see from the photo, the nose of the ball is about 6 inches away from the goal line. Not offsides.

The freeze frame from Twitter doesnt do the play justice.

I remember this clearly. Our center (Moore?) moved the ball out further into the neutral zone, which he is allowed to do. Moving the ball out further like that does not make the defenders offsides.

http://www.diehardsport.com/college...on-final-play-minnesota-center-moved-ball-up/

The line of scrimmage was about the half-yard line, and as you can see from the photo, the nose of the ball is about 6 inches away from the goal line. Not offsides.

Not talking about the freeze frame or the line up. #15 for Michigan one was one of the players that came across before the ball was snapped by Moore. If you move across before the ball is snapped that is off sides no matter if the ball is moved 6 inches forward. Gophers could have run a better play. On first down Michigan held the tight end running across the goal line to the weak side which was a much bigger foul not called. Should have been 1st and goal with the ball forward half the football. Should have given the ball to one of the tailbacks.

The pass play before he moved it forward, this play he has the bottom tip of the football right on the down marker spot.

The one thing I liked about Claeys was when we would be up by one and score a TD, he would go for 2 to make it a 9 point game instead of extra point for a 8 point game.
A 9 point lead is way way better than an 8 point lead.
An 8 point lead is only slightly better than a 7 point lead.

Very few coaches who have a chance to tie a game late with a extra point will defer for the 2 pt attempt when you are only up by 7.

Top Bottom