Detroit Free Press: P.J. Fleck gets minor jab in at Michigan during MSU compliment

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Detroit Free Press:

Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck, no stranger to the state of Michigan, will have his hands full Saturday night when his Gophers host Michigan State in Minneapolis.

The Spartans, of course, are entering this week after pulling off a 14-10 upset win over rival Michigan in Ann Arbor on Saturday.

Asked earlier this week if he was surprised that MSU pulled off the upset, Fleck — the former head coach at Western Michigan — said he was not.

In fact, he says he'd have been surprised if the result was flipped.

"I think they've beat them eight of the last 10 times, so I don't think you can be surprised at all," Fleck told reporters in Minneapolis. "I think it would almost be the other way, if Michigan beats Michigan State you should be surprised in these times.

"But that was a big win for the Spartans."

Fleck did not square off against the Wolverines during his four-year run at Western Michigan.

He will, however, see Jim Harbaugh and Michigan at Michigan Stadium on Nov. 4. Through five games in 2017, Fleck's Golden Gophers are 3-2, 0-2 in Big Ten play.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...-minnesota-michigan-michigan-state/755802001/

Go Gophers!!

BB material for Michigan...? Probably not.

If Harbaugh is even inclined to apply the same comparison to his team versus the Gophers it would not be pretty.

It was certainly close though the last time in Minneapolis.

Fleck's worried about the upcoming task, hence complimenting the Spartans.

When it's Michigan week, he'll probably say "they don't turn the ball over 5 times, they beat Michigan State."

What Michigan thinks should be the furthest thing on Fleck's mind, which I think it is....

He was complimenting Mark much of that press conference, it wasn't about Michigan.

Top Bottom