Former Gopher captain Jim Carter blasts the U, says Kaler should be fired, rips Fleck

When you are not asked back in your position you don't considered that fired? Hmmmmm

The next time I care about Jim Carter’s opinion will be the first time I care about Jim Carter’s opinion.

Sometimes I wonder if Jim Carter isn't one of the anti-Fleck posters on here.

Moderator - I think it is time to accessorized our emoticons.

We need one wearing a scarf, and another one that looks like Doogie. :cool02:

If you don't know what happened at Arkansas, Ohio State and Mississippi don't pretend like you know what's going on.

I don't really care what the old staff thinks, I just think it's incredibly short-sighted and stupid to be talking about "changing the culture" following the Kill regime.

We aren't. We're talking about changing it following the Claeys regime. The one where we led the conference in targeting, where we we had a significant scandal, and an embarrassing player boycott. All within one season.

Jim Carter was a heck of a player. He obviously cares about what happens at the U of MN - more so than a lot of former players who seem to have just vanished from the scene.

He has a right to his opinion. He also has contacts with Kill and his staff, so I would not be surprised if Kill - or more likely one of Kill's assistants - is saying that the other coaches didn't get along with Fleck. And I can see Fleck's approach not meshing well with Kill's staff. That is not shocking, or shouldn't be. Different personalities - different approaches to coaching. Not surprising if there were conflicts.

Yeah, Carter may be a little goofy. But, it's not like every poster on this board is a paragon of sanity and logical discourse.

Top Bottom