Will we upset Sparty on Saturday night at home?

Will we upset Sparty at home Saturday night?

• Yes

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • no

Votes: 53 57.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you struggle with sarcasm?
Each of the excuses have been provided to me by the head coach. Did you miss the pressers?

Trust me, he didn't miss your sarcasm. You're not that deep or clever. Key is, "Your negativity is tiresome," in case you struggle with comprehension.

Trust me, he didn't miss your sarcasm. You're not that deep or clever. Key is, "Your negativity is tiresome," in case you struggle with comprehension.
I merely parroted the excuses being offered by the head coach. Get upset at the coach, not me.
Sheesh, such negative people. So upset when a guy quotes the coach. [emoji41]

On paper, no. Sparty (and quite frankly the power, physical teams we play the rest of the way like Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin) are going to be nightmare matchups for us.

When we’re on offense, they all have a much much better front 7 than our OL can handle and we don’t have the playmakers on the outside to negate that. We’re going to have a tough time consistently moving the ball.

When we’re on defense, it’s not hard to see what all of them are going to do; they’re going run right at our DE’s. We don’t have the horses at that spot, hell we barely have any scholarship DE’s on the roster. They will all wear us down and in the rare situations where we do get them to 3rd and longs, our DB core was so average to even start the year and now with all the injuries that have piled up there, these teams will pick that group apart with relative ease.

It’s college football so yeah we could win but I have a hard time seeing us win this one or any of the others I mentioned. We don’t match up

Totally disagree. With our extremely depleted secondary, we match up much better against traditional power teams than we do against a spread passing team who will run out 4 WR's on every play.

Robb Smith and Co should get creative and mix in more 3 DT sets to combat our lack of heft at DE.

The strength of our defense is at DT (where we have 4 guys who can really play) and LB (incredibly deep and talented). We may my a bit undersized/deficient at DE but it's nothing compared to our current look at DB.

Totally disagree. With our extremely depleted secondary, we match up much better against traditional power teams than we do against a spread passing team who will run out 4 WR's on every play.

The strength of our defense is at DT (where we have 4 guys who can really play) and LB (incredibly deep and talented). We may my a bit undersized/deficient at DE but it's nothing compared to our current look at DB.

Agreed, I fear teams passing all over the DB's much more than power running teams. They've been pretty good against the run outside of 3rd and long where the team is spread out and not expecting the run.

We lose 27-6. Way too many injuries/depth issues at OL/CB. We will really struggle to run and thus move the ball against likely the best defense we will face to date. Our weaknesses are on full display for 5 games of tape for Dantonio to digest.[/QUOT

No room for the human spirit to take over? Maybe we see a start emerge from the depth chart. Not impressed with Dantonio. With his talent pool they should be 8 to 9 wins every year.

Robb Smith and Co should get creative and mix in more 3 DT sets to combat our lack of heft at DE.

If we ran a 34 that would be fine but we run a 43. Sparty and power run teams are gonna go right at our DE’s all day long and just wear us down. I fully expect for them to run for over 225

The running game is broken, so I don't see how the Goph's pull it out.

If we ran a 34 that would be fine but we run a 43. Sparty and power run teams are gonna go right at our DE’s all day long and just wear us down. I fully expect for them to run for over 225

That's not entirely true. I've re-watched the Purdue game; there were plenty of occasions when utilized sets with only 3 down lineman.

Not impressed with Dantonio. With his talent pool they should be 8 to 9 wins every year.

Dantinio has won at least 9 games 6 out of 10 seasons and won 11 or more games 5 times in that span. That is rather impressive.

Dantinio has won at least 9 games 6 out of 10 seasons and won 11 or more games 5 times in that span. That is rather impressive.

Saying he is not the best coach in America like advertised here. He has a great pool of players that makes it look easy.

No. Lack of Winfield and secondary and wide receiver depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saying he is not the best coach in America like advertised here. He has a great pool of players that makes it look easy.

He’s made it a great pool of talent. He’s at Michigan State, not Michigan. It’s not like she’s at a blue blood helmet achool

Top Bottom